midnight_storm
Now or Then
July 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Thinking of how many changes I have seen in my lifetime so far, I started wondering something. What generation was it easier for parent to raise their kids? Is it easier now? Or easier for your parents?

Replies

• Liansmommie
    July 15, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I think it's relative. Each generation has it's challenges.

• websorceress
    July 15, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Every generation had and will have it's own issues to deal with........I honestly, don't think one is easier then another. Even back in the early 1900's it may have looked like an easier life to us but it wasn't any easier then it is now.......just different.....

I always see comparisons of how much something cost back in the, let's say 50's........35 cents for a loaf of bread........well, they didn't make the money people do today, 35 cents was a lot to them........so no real difference.........I bought my first new car for $1750 in 1972........wow cheap huh??? I still had to get a loan and had car payments.........but today if a car costs $1750, you better have it in cash.........

• midnight_storm
    July 15, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    I do agree that it's probably the same. But I also think it was easier to be a kid when I grew up, than it is now. I'm sure my parents thought the same thing when I was growing up.
  • BeachMommy07
    July 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM

Probaly then before internet, etc.