Featured Posts
xxLukesMamaxx
AHHH!!! Help! PIOG
July 12, 2011 at 7:36 AM

My girlfriend is coming to visit me. It's going to be her and her 4 kids. I have a family of four so there will be 9 of us all together. They will be staying for 3 days so I have to come up with dinner for all 9 of us 3 times. One night we are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs but I don't know what else I'm going to make. Anyone with a large family have a suggestion for what to make for a large group? I'm at a loss. I'm use to only cooking for 4. 

Replies

• 3angels23
    July 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM

BBQ Meatballs and cheesy potatos super easy if you need the recipe I will get it, and a roast mashed potatos and gravy with some corn or green beans for another side.....My dh is a hunter and I always have to make meals for them for like a week for about 15 people....we always do these two

• jerzeetomato
    July 12, 2011 at 8:25 AM

a crock pot full of meatballs and sauce, some rolls and a big pasta salad will be fairly simple to make, won't break the budget and should be crowd pleasing.

• jerzeetomato
    July 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM

you could also make a ham, mac n cheese casserole and a veggie on the side.  Buy a spiral ham that is pre-cooked so all you have to do is warm it in the oven - it takes about 2 1/2 hours for 10 lbs on a low setting, and since it's spiral sliced it practically falls off the bone when you take it out of the oven.

• steelcrazy
    July 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Some spaghetti and garlic bread is very easy to make for a large crowd.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM

bump

• HTMommy
    by HTMommy
    July 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

LOL the spaghetti is a great idea, make 2 pounds of pasta and 2-3 jars of sauce (unless you make your own) garlic bread you can buy premade in most bakeries now and just heat it up and a salad.

do pizza another night. I live in a household of 7 so 2 more isn't that far of a stretch for me LOL

• lenoxclan
    July 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM

no idea..but YAY to having your friend visit

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM

yep this

Quoting steelcrazy:

Some spaghetti and garlic bread is very easy to make for a large crowd.

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM

and this

Quoting jerzeetomato:

a crock pot full of meatballs and sauce, some rolls and a big pasta salad will be fairly simple to make, won't break the budget and should be crowd pleasing.

• xxLukesMamaxx
    July 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM

This is a great idea! How do you make your meatballs? 

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN