xxLukesMamaxx
AHHH!!! Help! PIOG
July 12, 2011 at 7:36 AM

My girlfriend is coming to visit me. It's going to be her and her 4 kids. I have a family of four so there will be 9 of us all together. They will be staying for 3 days so I have to come up with dinner for all 9 of us 3 times. One night we are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs but I don't know what else I'm going to make. Anyone with a large family have a suggestion for what to make for a large group? I'm at a loss. I'm use to only cooking for 4. 

Replies

• 3angels23
    July 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM

BBQ Meatballs and cheesy potatos super easy if you need the recipe I will get it, and a roast mashed potatos and gravy with some corn or green beans for another side.....My dh is a hunter and I always have to make meals for them for like a week for about 15 people....we always do these two

• jerzeetomato
    July 12, 2011 at 8:25 AM

a crock pot full of meatballs and sauce, some rolls and a big pasta salad will be fairly simple to make, won't break the budget and should be crowd pleasing.

• jerzeetomato
    July 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM

you could also make a ham, mac n cheese casserole and a veggie on the side.  Buy a spiral ham that is pre-cooked so all you have to do is warm it in the oven - it takes about 2 1/2 hours for 10 lbs on a low setting, and since it's spiral sliced it practically falls off the bone when you take it out of the oven.

• steelcrazy
    July 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Some spaghetti and garlic bread is very easy to make for a large crowd.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM

bump

• HTMommy
    by HTMommy
    July 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

LOL the spaghetti is a great idea, make 2 pounds of pasta and 2-3 jars of sauce (unless you make your own) garlic bread you can buy premade in most bakeries now and just heat it up and a salad.

do pizza another night. I live in a household of 7 so 2 more isn't that far of a stretch for me LOL

• lenoxclan
    July 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM

no idea..but YAY to having your friend visit

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM

yep this

Quoting steelcrazy:

Some spaghetti and garlic bread is very easy to make for a large crowd.

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM

and this

Quoting jerzeetomato:

a crock pot full of meatballs and sauce, some rolls and a big pasta salad will be fairly simple to make, won't break the budget and should be crowd pleasing.

• xxLukesMamaxx
    July 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM

This is a great idea! How do you make your meatballs? 

Quoting jerzeetomato: