lovinangels
Kids party favor ideas?
July 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I have an odd assortment of friends, and almost nothing is going to work for all of them. If I have the kids do a craft, does that work for a favor, or do you have any ideas?

Replies

• Charli627
    July 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    Idk. The only party favors I've done was the little party bags, with a mini bottle of bubbles. At my DD party, all the kids decorated their own cupcakes.
  • CoolMommyofboys
    July 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM

yes!! a craft is something memorable to keep- I think that would be GREAT

I hate party favors though  LOL 

my son has come home with a few "goody bags" from school...they have mini erasers, kaleidoscopes, candy, little tablets, etc. in them- they have all gone in the thrift store bag (a bag I keep in the closet to put things in that we don't need)

• LindaClement
    July 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM

We always had really simple (low-cost) parties, with cake and everything (except the gift) costing about $50 (this was a while ago, too)... 

Our 'activity' at the party was always part of the take-home for the kids. We did a variety of crafts, from making arm-band bracelets (glass beads on medium gauge copper wire) to making their own crowns (constuction paper) or painting a plaster letter of their first initial (we made the letters, too)... painted flower pots with a small transplant, placemats... I don't remember them all, but I think we had very few duplicates over the years.

We would also take a polaroid of the kid at the party to take home, and fill in the cracks with wedding-favour bubble soaps, or funky coloured pencils (one year we 'marbled' pencils, I suddenly recall) and stickers or fake tattoos.

Other than some free play time for the kids while the table was being rearranged for the next bit, the only thing we always did was cake --with coffee and tea for the parents who were required to stay.

• Tashia07
    July 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I had a robot/monster themed party and I gave each of the kids a robot or monster bobble head to decorate and take home.  They also got a hat, grab bag filled with stickers and candy, and a picture of them decorating at the party with refrigerator magnet frame it said thank you. I kinda got carried away at Target... They always have so much stuff on their end-caps that sucks me in and how we got the  robot/monster theme.  They only had five of each and I had ten kids including my son.

• johnny4ever
    July 5, 2011 at 7:09 AM

crafts keepsake

• lovinangels
    July 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I was thinking about doing a gift basket from the dollar section at Target, too...

Quoting Tashia07:

I had a robot/monster themed party and I gave each of the kids a robot or monster bobble head to decorate and take home.  They also got a hat, grab bag filled with stickers and candy, and a picture of them decorating at the party with refrigerator magnet frame it said thank you. I kinda got carried away at Target... They always have so much stuff on their end-caps that sucks me in and how we got the  robot/monster theme.  They only had five of each and I had ten kids including my son.

• Barronbaby
    July 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    I always do a small bag with some health snacks, small playdoh, some Tootsie rolls
  • lovinangels
    July 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM

You had me till tootsie rolls. I hate tootsie rolls.

Quoting Barronbaby:

I always do a small bag with some health snacks, small playdoh, some Tootsie rolls