tears30314
My family sucks a**!
July 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM
okay, I know it is harsh to say but I have to vent. I am 7 months pregnant and I have been having a beavy of health issues because of vericose veins. I have a 7 yr old who thinks he is 17. My 2 and 4 yr old are acting out of character. My SOWorks every single day not to mention his sons are down living with us too. Theyre 19 and 24. My house looks a damn mess. I just clean all day with no help from any of them,except for their daily contribution of putting it back to pig stuy level. I tell my So that he needs to get in their ass about cleaning and helping. Well, he says it but the words r n one ear and out the other. So now, I don't want them around period. I feel like if u can do what I need to do and ur grown then move around. It is just stressful and I am just not in the mood. THANKS FOR LISTENING LADIES.

Replies

• tears30314
    July 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    thanks ladies.
  • betsystipo
    July 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Oh yeah at that age - they can pull their own weight for sure!  Rather than have your SO talk to them - you tell them!  One thing I've learned is to say - would you like to do this or this?  That way there is no option....they have to do something!  kwim?   Hope you feel better mama - you are almost there!

• janitablue
    July 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Man momma, I feel for you.

Don't sweat the small stuff do what needs to be done keep you legs up.

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    July 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM

You need to stop doing anything for the slackers: no food, no laundry, no car keys, no cell phone. Give them leases for their rooms, with your terms; also give them the apartment listings.

Good luck, and stop being a pushover.

• LindaClement
    July 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Arg.

Nothing like being depleted and then over-taxed. What are you doing these days to take care of yourself, and shorten your list of things to do?

• tears30314
    July 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    one pays rent and another is about to. in the past couple days, I laid down the law and my SO had nothing to say except, though I thought u were harsh I am glad cuz their mom couldnt do anything with them. so I said well what about their dad? it takes two and I dont have baby daddy drama for this very reason. I am raising a man not a boy. a dirty boy makes a dirty man. and I for one am not down for that sh--! he had nothing to say. see he knows how I am but I went through too much so now I am just taking my (for lack of a better word)power back. So thanks ladies for listening.