Featured Posts
aneela
Octomom Nadya Suleman 'Hates' Her Kids
by aneela
June 30, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Octomom Nadya Suleman 'Hates' Her Kids for Good Reason

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans
on June 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Nadya SulemanNadya Suleman, better known as "Octomom," has seemingly gone over the edge. While she's cracked a bit before, she's usually maintained a smile and peace-and-light presence when it comes to her enormous brood. Some recent comments she has made, however, are downright disturbing.

She told In Touch, she "hates" her babies, they "disgust" her, and that her older children are "animals." It gets worse.

I have no money to pay for the children's school, food, or the mortgage. The only way I can cope is to lock myself in the bathroom and cry. Sometimes I sit there for hours and even eat my lunch sitting on the toilet floor-anything to get peace and quiet. Some days I have thoughts about killing myself. I cannot cope.

She did add, "Obviously I love them, but I absolutely wish I had not had them." Still my heart breaks for those children who will inevitably read those words someday. For all the tough cards they were dealt being born into the lives they were, this may be the most damaging of all.

But as horrific and shocking as her words about her own children are, and as much as I believe she uttered them at least in part for more publicity, I also have a certain amount of sympathy for Nadya. I would never say I hate my children, because even at their most rotten, I still love them, but I certainly have a strong amount of dislike for them and their actions at times. And I only have two.

No, she shouldn't have had all the children she did, but she has them now, and I just can't imagine how anyone could cope in her situation. The woman has 14 children. Sure the Duggars can handle more than that, but there are two of them, and they didn't have EIGHT TODDLERS to raise simultaneously.

Just typing those words makes my brain spin. My daughter was born around the same time as her eight babies -- January 2009 -- and she alone is enough to make me want to eat my lunch off the toilet floor some days. How anyone could deal with the temper tantrums times eight, and the nightmare of potty training times eight, and hearing "MOMMY!" times eight plus six more doesn't seem humanly possible.

So while I'm sure the world will use her recent comments to once again say "told you so" and slap her for what she's done, what she really needs is help -- some serious help. Anyone in her situation would.

Do you have any sympathy for Nadya Suleman?

Replies

• Kaelansmom
    June 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM

No, I don't. I do, however, feel bad for her children.

• aneela
    by aneela
    June 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM

yeah the kids are really suffering due to her bad choices...sigh...no winners though...

Quoting Kaelansmom:

No, I don't. I do, however, feel bad for her children.

• johnny4ever
    June 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM

ugh!

• Liansmommie
    June 30, 2011 at 2:34 PM

It's a no win situation that can only go from bad to worse. I feel for the kids but I have no sympathy for her. She did this to hersself on purpose and has refused and/or chased off the help she could have had.

• LuLu5J
    by LuLu5J
    June 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I am sympathetic because I know how hard it is to raise kids but it's her own fault.  I don't understand why she wanted to have more when she already had 6!!  Even one more was one too many.

• aneela
    by aneela
    June 30, 2011 at 2:51 PM

ikr

Quoting johnny4ever:

ugh!

• Ricanmami1
    June 30, 2011 at 3:48 PM

BUMP!

• LindaClement
    June 30, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Sympathy? No.

Compassion? Sure.

There is a whole bunch of opportunities people seem to gleefully take to say 'well you knew what you were getting into'... but having lived for 28 years with a sailor who is very often at sea (and having grown up with my dad in the navy, too) I have to say: bull.

There is no way anyone can predict what it is actually going to be like for them in any situation. No one 'knows what they're getting into.'

Sure, I grew up around the navy, but my dad wasn't my lover, partner, best friend and heartthrob. He was my dad. Sure, I missed him and loved it when he came home, but it didn't matter to me in the same way. I have very limited understanding of what it meant for my mom, or what she was going through --until I lived it.

Living it is different from looking at it.

I believe that the reason the Duggers don't have difficulty is because every child over 8 has been 'assigned' a child under 8, and the children are raising the children.

Obviously, most rational people would be able to see far enough into the future to know that at some point this was going to be unmanageable --but pregnant women are often not rational, and I can certainly understand why she didn't want a 'reduction'. The money issue is the reason for so many zygotes being implanted in the first place --which is a systemic problem with fertility ethics.

I think she got swept up in a whirlwind and hasn't touched ground since. I'm not surprised that she's suffering. The question is: where is the community support?

The lack of that is not her doing. I wonder how smugly her neighbours walk past her home, thinking 'at least it's not me.'

• aneela
    by aneela
    June 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

exactly Shell...and now she wants to complain about it..she thought she was gonna be famous and RICH not infamous and looking for handouts

Quoting Liansmommie:

It's a no win situation that can only go from bad to worse. I feel for the kids but I have no sympathy for her. She did this to hersself on purpose and has refused and/or chased off the help she could have had.

• aneela
    by aneela
    June 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM

she had them as a publicity stunt...thats how I see it...not that she was married and couldnt have babies and this happened when they went to a doctor...her story really is sad and should never be allowed to happen again...

Quoting LuLu5J:

I am sympathetic because I know how hard it is to raise kids but it's her own fault.  I don't understand why she wanted to have more when she already had 6!!  Even one more was one too many.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts