johnny4ever
Any 4th of july plans yet?
June 22, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Replies

• BraythansMom
    June 22, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    Not yet... something just the 3 of us though. Probably BBQ that afternoon and then watch neighborhood fireworks :)
  • mommyinindiana
    June 23, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    we usually have fireworks in the town where i live and we can see them well from our back yard so we usually grill some food and watch fireworks
  • bamababe1975
    June 23, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Not yet, but maybe spending the day with family since I have brothers who are twins born on the 4th.

• Cafe AmyB
    June 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Each year (for 12 years now) over the 4th of July weekend we host a Test-A-New-Recipe cookout.

DH and I supply the main dish and guests are asked to bring an appetizer, side dish or dessert.  The dish the guests bring must be a recipe they have never made or eaten before.  We all get to sample and decide if it's a "keeper" or not.

We have discovered some great recipes over the years and sampled quite a few duds!

In the past main dishes have included jerk chicken, shrimp kabobs, burgers and pulled pork and even a half a pig.

july 4th

• iluv2read
    June 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM

BBQ, fireworks show, and maybe a movie

• amonkeymom
    June 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I'll be house sitting over the 4th.  I think the kids and I will likely see a fireworks display from the front yard or down the street at least.