pootersmomi
My neighbor is having a baby shower. Don't you only get one? Her daughter is 2
June 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I thought moms only got one baby shower until there was years and years between children. Has this changed?

sarcasm

Replies

• mommybug77
    June 20, 2011 at 12:35 PM

There is no hard fast rule about it. I got my only baby shower with my 3rd. Her sisters were in Kindergarten & 2nd grade when I had her. I then had my 4th baby 4 years later. I got a lot of clothes from people when I had her, so many she did not wear part of them

• i.heart.myboys
    June 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM

It depends on the person really. A lot of mom's are doing more than one baby shower than. I guess it depends if someone wans to throw it for her or not. And sometimes first time mom's don't get one and it takes them to the second one to get a baby shower. This is what I learned from one of my friends. I think each baby should be celebrated. Will I have another one (I've had one and my second got canceled because I was put on bedrest) probably not but if someone wanted to celebrate with me than I wouldn't be to sad to see a great party with family and friends

• spunkyldy
    June 22, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I'm currently cooking my first baby right now and a family friend is hosting a sort of baby shower co-ed bar-b-Q.  gifts are not required but everyone asks if I have a registry so I am making one, they are graciously accepted and thankfully a lot of people will give us something I honestly don't think we'd make it with out the help, being this is our first we have NOTHING and we are buying house before baby comes.  IF we have another child and someone offeres to throw us another, I will not refuse but I also won't ask anyone to throw us one.

• Godspitgrl
    June 23, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I had two showers and I have three babies. I got one with my 1st son and my daughter is only a year yuonger than him. I did not plan on having another child and gave away EVERYTHING I had for a baby and was given a shower for my now 2 month old so I would have some things I needed.