Featured Posts
Cafe Denise
I Don’t Care if My Exposed Bra Straps Look Skanky
June 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I saw this in The Stir - Would you let another Mom know her bra is showing? 

I Don’t Care if My Exposed Bra Straps Look Skanky

Posted by Heather Chaet 
on June 10, 2011

bra straps showingIt is hot out there, ladies. How hot is it? It's so hot I saw a chicken lay a fried egg! It's so hot the birds are using potholders to grab the worms! It's so hot, when you pull a potato out of the ground, it's already baked! Ba-DUM-bum! Okay, really bad jokes aside, it's hot, and when it's this hot, it's time to break out the tank tops. No matter how much you may hate your underarm flab, there comes a point when you have to go sleeveless ... we may be cooler, but then we face the bra strap conundrum. 

Do you let your bra straps show?

Sure, there are tanks that have thicker straps, so it may not be a huge issue, but these days, those skinny little straps are in. What do you do? I admit, I let mine show. Granted, my bras have smaller straps because, well, I don't have much in the northern region to hold up, so the bras that have the thicker straps aren't needed. Actually I could get away with no bra, but, well, that's a topic for another post.

Say you don't want to let your bra straps show -- what do you do with those cute tops with skinny straps? I know, we can grab a strapless bra, but, ummm, has anyone found a strapless bra that is comfortable and doesn't totally inch downward, so you have to hike it up every three minutes? If you have, please pass on that Holy Grail info of underwear, as strapless bras and this mama at the park just don't mix.

I've seen those bras with the clear plastic straps, but when you wear those, you aren't fooling anyone -- we still see your straps. They are there, still showing.

So, I am left with letting my straps show. I try to keep them together and match my bra and tops accordingly so as not to wear a black bra under a white tank. I'm not the only one, I know. Have the wardrobe goddesses given a silent nod to this practice ... or is it still kinda skanky to do this?

Do you let your bra straps show?

Replies

• johnny4ever
    June 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I never ever ever let my bra straps show.  I am just old-fashioned, I guess!

me also

• mom2b116
    June 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM

i dont let mine show , but i wouldnt say anything because then they could tell me about the drool, spit up etc  on me  lol

• lapcounter
    June 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM

The picture post is trashy! I bought those strap perfect things and they are awesome for tank tops and such or VS has the bras with the clear straps that are hard to see.

• LivinDeadGurl
    July 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I don't intentionally show them, but if they show they show.

I am a larger chested woman and can't go without a bra. It is hard to find strapless bras in my size. I live in Texas. It's hot. I'm going to wear a tank top. If I offend you because a part of my bra strap is showing, so be it.

• lenoxclan
    July 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I honestly dont even think about whether or not my straps show when I get dressed.. I have better things to do with my time..LOL

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN