Salted Caramel Doughnut Holes from the Pillsbury site!
- cups vegetable oil
- can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- cup sugar
- teaspoon fine sea salt
- cup caramel dip (from 16-oz container)
- 1In deep fryer or 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round cookie cutter, cut 3 holes out of each biscuit.
- 2Gently place 3 or 4 doughnut holes in hot oil. Fry on one side until golden brown. Gently turn with tongs; fry until other side is golden brown. Place on cooling rack; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sugar and salt; pour onto plate. While doughnut holes are still warm, add to sugar-salt; turn to coat.
- 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel dip on High about 30 seconds or until warm. Serve doughnut holes with warm caramel dip.
Instead of using a plate, add sugar and salt to a brown paper bag. Add the warm doughnuts to the bag and give them a shake to coat.
Instead of or as well as caramel dip, serve doughnut holes with warm chocolate fudge sauce.
- # of ingredients5
- prep time20 Min
- total time20 Min