The Family Piggy Bank

sarahlawson84
Are there any places?
May 17, 2016 at 9:03 PM

That give out used children books?. My daughter is turning 7 this Sunday and all she really wants are books. Do to the funds already spent I'm un able to afford anything else 😞 . she's an amazing reader and I'd like to keep her interest alive 😍. Any tips on sites online that might help with this or places?. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• quickbooksworm
    May 17, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    Some libraries have sales. People donate used books and the library puts in some of their purged books too. Kids books go for like $.25. I used to go to a library sale and walk out with a 2 huge boxes of kids books for $5.
  • KylesMom409
    May 18, 2016 at 4:09 PM
    Good ideas

Quoting quickbooksworm: Some libraries have sales. People donate used books and the library puts in some of their purged books too. Kids books go for like $.25. I used to go to a library sale and walk out with a 2 huge boxes of kids books for $5.
  • clairewait
    May 19, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Garage sales are pretty flush with kids' books, if you hit the right neighborhood. 

Not really the season NOW, but consignment sales, same thing.

Consignment stores, thrift stores, and Goodwill also have pretty big book sections.

• ivf_blessed
    June 16, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Look for a book exchange place, you can get books real cheap there and if you have books to 'swap' you might even get them free.

What kind of books does she like?

• MissyB1011
    June 24, 2016 at 12:33 PM
    I'm sure this is too late, but check into Half Priced Books. They have a clearance section where books are $.50-$3 for kids.
  • momama88
    August 31, 2016 at 1:11 AM

I know this doesn't help for her birthday but are you signed up for the dolly parton imagination library ? 

http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/

Its free and they mail you a brand new book once a month based on your childs age. My son loves it when a new book comes in the mail addressed to him. 

• oddfox
    by oddfox
    January 6 at 11:58 AM

If there is a library near you, that would be my option of choice. My kids practically lived there.  Besides library book sales, we frequented yard sales and thrift stores for books. Some communities have reading incentive programs where kids are given books as prizes. You could also try freecycle and craigslist free section for books. 

• MonarchMom22
    January 6 at 12:32 PM

Do you use Freecycle?  It is a network to connect people locally who need things with people who want to give away things.  Once you sign up, you can post a "request" or an "offer"  Everything is free, and around here people usually do a porch or curb pick up.  

freecycle.org

• nowlovinglife
    January 27 at 8:45 PM

I would post an ad on Craigslist in your area.  Let them know you will meet them to pick them up.

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts