The Family Piggy Bank

flexible spending account
September 26, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Would you pay someone to submit your dependent care flex claim for you?


  • KylesMom409
    September 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM
    Here's a bump because I'm not sure.
  • hoping2stayhome
    October 8, 2015 at 5:59 PM

    Be very careful.  You can lose your flex dollars if they are done wrong and there may be some fine print.  When I left my last job, I planned to use my flex dollars until my next insurance started.  What I didn't know was when I finished my last day whatever flex dollars I had not used were lost.  I was really not happy...

  • campingmomof4
    November 2, 2015 at 6:47 AM

    No I use it for my own stuff.  

  • Thornberg.momma
    November 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    No, I would not pay someone else to send in a claim for me.
  • clairewait
    November 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM

    Would this be like because you aren't going ot be able to use all the money in your account?

    Ugh. Sounds not legal. I'd poll all your immediately family asking for receipts for ANYTHING and submit those before paying someone to do this.

  • aneela
    by aneela
    December 16, 2015 at 1:41 PM

    not sure about this but hope you sorted it out, best wishes!

  • MonarchMom22
    January 16, 2016 at 3:25 PM

    why would you do that?  

    The point of FS is to save money by using pre-tax dollars for eligible expenses.  It kind of defeats the purpose to spend money to submit the reciepts.

  • SophiaLiaRey
    May 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM

    I agree, don't pay someone to do it for you, there is always someone at the 800# who can help you

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts