The Family Piggy Bank

BipolarMom09
Paying of Debt!!!
February 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Hey ladies!!

I just wanted to share my excitement about my new plan! I plan to pay off my credit card by April 1st, before our new buddle of joy arrives in May. It is basically a starter card so it doesn't have a very high limit but it is almost maxed and I want it cleared off with 0 balance. Soo, I will be paying $35 per week toward this and then at the beginning of each month, an additional $50 payment.

I also went shopping at JcPenny the other day for some of their clearance things for the boys and the new baby and at the register I could apply for their card and save 20%. I told the cashier that I highly doubt I would get approved but I would sure try and atleast save the 20%. Well...I got approved!! Now, I know this can be a very bad thing for some people, right? What I plan to do is when I do shop there, which is about once a month now in preperation for the new baby, I will charge it to my card. Then, I will pay off that amount on my card right there with the cashier. I figure this is a great way to build my credit! I don't have much credit and what I do have on my credit report, I am paying off this year. I do have a few medical bills that I am paying on monthly and my biggest one I plan to have paid off within 14-15 months.

I really feel good about this year as far as debt and my credit go. I am going to coupon to save money, stop eating out as much, and put all of my savings toward paying off debt and cleaning up my credit.

Anyways, I just had to share!! :) Do any of you have this same game plan for this year as far as cleaning up credit, paying off debt, saving money, etc?

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    February 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Good for you!!!  woohoo

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    February 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM

We are getting new flooring in the house, which takes all of our budget and more. So we have to be very cautious about spending now.

• sukainah
    February 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Good for you!

I'm just setting aside more money from my hubby's paychecks, trying to save for whatever may come up.

• QuiltLover
    February 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We dont have any cc debt and we save in our 401K every payday, and save a flat amount out of every paycheck goes to a savings account, we dont even see it

• Juniper53098
    February 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

We pay off our credit cards every month.  The only debt we have is our mortgage.

• countrygirlkat
    February 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM

We are working on paying off debt still.  We have made a lot of progress but it will still be awhile.  That sounds great for you though OP!

• MistressMinerva
    February 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

That's Awesome!!!

• Threes.Company
    February 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I hope your plan works out!!

• SweetLuci
    February 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

It's good that you have a plan to pay off debt.

• flowerfunleah
    February 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

It's always good to be excited about plans!

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts