gmadiane
Gift cards or cash?
January 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Which would you choose and why?

Replies

• ivf_blessed
    January 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

CASH!!!!  I split cash into savings and spending - with a gift card, I would just spend. =0)

• HisSweetheart07
    January 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

It would depend on what and who it was for. 

For myself - Gift cards, because I like them. It makes me buy stuff from places I wouldn't normally buy from. For example: I never go into bath & body works - simply because I know, I will spend $50 and not blink an eye. But if I have a gift card - I stay within the gift card budget and I get b&bw stuff!. 

For small children - gift cards, because I don't trust their parents not to pocket it

For older children - money, let them spend it how they need it

For other adults - money

• momofsixangels
    January 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

cash so I could spend it anywhere.

• bizkit_fanky
    January 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Same

Quoting momofsixangels:

cash so I could spend it anywhere.

• AllofFive19
    January 29, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I like both.

• erikays
    by erikays
    January 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Cash so I can spend it everywhere, unless its a Visa gc, I'll take that instead (online shopping).
  • baconbits
    January 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

For my daughters I buy specific gift cards. One always gets some type of "food" card. Krogers, McDonalds, etc. This is one way I know that I can help her with food which I know she needs.

Another I've already paid for one wedding and she's flat out asked for cash for Christmas so they could put it toward (2nd) wedding. Since I had already told her she was on her own I bought her & future gift cards to Lowes as they are also working on their home.

The tird daughter it's usually gift card for a restaurant and her dh Lowes as they seldom get to eat out and they are working on their trailer.

• 907PickleMom
    January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    Gift card, that way I can't use it to pay bills and have to spend on myself or whoever. A rare treat around here.
  • allyn9
    by allyn9
    January 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I'm okay with either - depends on the person and their desires.

• Moms_Angels1960
    January 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Cash, that way I could go whereever I chose to spend it, not just the place they bought it from.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN