Cafe Denise
Money Saving Pampering
January 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Do you do your own nails/pedicures? Dye your own hair? How do you pamper yourself at home? 

mirror

Replies

• ivf_blessed
    January 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I keep my fingernails short - I type a lot at my job.  I rarely paint them - it distracts me (weird ADD, I know).  I treat myself to paid for pedicures once a month during the summer (always french pedicure) and maintain my own feet during the winter, only going in for my birthday in Feb.

I just stopped getting my hair professionally done a year ago - I got tired of paying over $100/mo for a cut/color upkeep.  Now my hair is the longest it's been in 15 years and I finally know what my natural hair color is.  LOL

I really don't physically pamper myself enough - I take advantage of my quiet time to read.

• baconbits
    January 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I dye my own hair but my nails simply get cut short. If I try to grow them they just break off. Farm life is not meant for long nails.

• ivf_blessed
    January 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

What do you dye your own hair with?  I've always been afraid to do that.  There are sooooo many choices at the store...I don't even know where to begin.

Quoting baconbits:

I dye my own hair but my nails simply get cut short. If I try to grow them they just break off. Farm life is not meant for long nails.

• baconbits
    January 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Whatever is on sale. I make sure it's a name brand and follow all directions. I do however cut the time shorter then what it says. If it says 20 minutes I'll only leave it on for 15. I'm just looking to get a little color into my hair and not to have it changed a ton. It's not hard but make sure to work it in well around your ears and back of the neck. It's easy to get the top part but those parts tend to not get enough unless you work it in well.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

What do you dye your own hair with?  I've always been afraid to do that.  There are sooooo many choices at the store...I don't even know where to begin.

Quoting baconbits:

• gmadiane
    January 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I do my own hair and nails

• momofsixangels
    January 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My girls paint my nails.Lol

• HisSweetheart07
    January 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My nails stay natural. I clean them nightly (I scrub them as part of my nightly routine, then I clean out from underneath they, file as needed). I keep them short since I do housework all day.

My toes have paint on them though :) But DH does them for me. lol 

I don't dye my hair at all - about once a year I'll get high lights done (most the time on my birthday as a "family" gift from my side) but other wise it's natural. 

I do buy a bottle of wine about once every 3 months - which I drink on a night that dh is home and can care for the kids so I can go to my BFF's house and we drink the bottle while watching chick shows and talking lol

• powow65
    by powow65
    January 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM

when i went to HS, i took "nail tech" classes. so i can do my own nails. but i dont.

• efarrugia
    January 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I have super short hair so I go for a cut every 5 weeks. I will get a pedi a few times a year. I should do it more but it's too expensive. being on the slightly chunky side of the scale, doing my own at home is hard. my splurge for me is a hot bath w candles, bubbles and soft music

• kimberlync
    January 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I do everything myself. I dye my own hair, I paint my own nails, I cut my own hair as well as my children and my boyfriend's hair. You will not catch any of us entering a hair or nail salon. I can't see spending $100's of dollars on things I can do at my own home absolutely free.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN