powow65
To garden or not to garden!
by powow65
January 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That is the answer! (or question?)

We garden for past 3years (this past 3rdvyear was very hard.)

Replies

• MamaMandee
    January 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

We have been thinking about doing one. 

• momofsixangels
    January 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Love it!

• sparkyco2
    January 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM

what do you do with your herbs?  do you just use them when they are in season or do you cut, dry and freeze them?

i would like to grow a little herb garden but i don't know whether to dry and freeze or not.

what herbs do you grow?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Quoting 4kidz916:

We do a vegetable and herb garden each year.  I love having the fresh veggies in the summer. 

• sparkyco2
    January 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

we have a small veggie garden, it is enough for the summer and into part of the winter.  i usually freeze our veggies.... i do have a pressure canner that is new but i have been too chicken to try it.  i have visions of ending up in the hospital's burn unit.....LOL

Because our DD is such a HUGE fruit fan we also have 4 apple trees, 2 apricot trees, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.  this year we are thinking about adding a couple of pear trees.  our DD eats so much fruit it costs us approx $50 to $60/week for it..... she is a huge fan of it frozen too she will eat frozen blueberries, diced strawberries and pineapple tidbits frozen too so needless to say i try to stock up and freeze stuff when it is cheap during the summer.  considering the price... i would rather spend the money on this than JUNK FOOD.  i am proud to say that being 9 yrs old she doesn't have a cavity in her mouth and is rarely sick and i contribute it to all the healthy choices she makes, as far as she is concerned she just loves it.

• .Angelica.
    January 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i was going to garden but ended up not  getting help and with a newborn baby it was hard to do. i want to do it this year though.

• elizabooks
    January 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    we garden. I have containers inside and out( the seeds are planted inside right now) no matter what I do I end up with two massive bumper crops andone or two selections( had over 300 tomatoes and six carrots one year, 50 melons and more green beans than I could count Amd two potatoes) cannot figure this out....
    I even have a saint Francis garden.
    Thanks to a new law due to an increase of rats in the city proper( I'm in the suburbs) my style of compost bin ( 6pallets tied together) is now illegal. So now I have to dismantle it ( the ground is frozen) and pay for one of those barell turning ones or face a $300 fine. All because some people won't pay the dumpster fees downtown.
    This stinks because I have yet to buy fertsliEr since using the compost...
  • michiganmom116
    January 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I've gardened for 35 years.  I am STILL learning!

• allyn9
    by allyn9
    January 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I love to garden, both flowers and vegetables.  I've worked as a teacher and a school administrator and gardening has always been my stress reliever.  (Though this past year, the deer that frequent the park that abuts our house, "enjoyed" the fruits of my labor more than I did!)

• efarrugia
    January 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I enjoy it. it's good for learning and it's a good feeling to go out and smell good things and eat from plants we grew.. plus it saves money..

• alliesmom112
    January 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I garden and I love it 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN