The Family Piggy Bank

BipolarMom09
New Year's Resolutions?
December 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Do you make them? If so, what is one that is most important to you?

For me, it is our finances and budgeting. I plan to pay EXTRA close attention to it this year! We have two sons and another on the way, due in May. We haaaave to get money saved, budgeted, and get more financially stable. We are definitely cutting waaay back on our spending as well! This is MY #1 priority this next year of 2013 :)

happy holidays

Replies

• yvonne37
    December 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM

weight lose :/  that and continuing my schooling and keeping a 4.0 gpa ;)) hehe.

• BipolarMom09
    December 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Those are great ones yvonne! My baby is due in mid-May and I have so far lost 7-8 pounds so I am hoping to not gain too much and then after my 8 weeks of recovery from c-section I plan to start walking more often and using my elliptical more than twice a year! Haha!

Great job on the 4.0 gpa! I, myself, had a 4.0 gpa while in college online. Made Dean's List every time! Such a great accomplishment, goal, and feeling! Congratulations!! :)

Quoting yvonne37:

weight lose :/  that and continuing my schooling and keeping a 4.0 gpa ;)) hehe.

• deedee3849
    December 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM

To live healthy.

To be intentional about showing love to those around me.

• MDWife12
    December 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I make them but I usually forget about them by mid January LOL

• MDWife12
    December 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM

we should make a priority to put $ into the savings account every pay check

• BipolarMom09
    December 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

That is one of our goals too. Also, we heard about this $5 savings thing. It is where you stick every $5 bill you get in a jar and save it. We have a change jar that we put all coins in and use that for our additional vacation fund. I think we are going to try to save the $5 bills too. I have heard that it really starts adding up and they say the $5 bills because they are more rare to get than the other bills. I think we saw it on Pinterest actually. Pretty cool idea we thought :)

Quoting MDWife12:

we should make a priority to put $ into the savings account every pay check

• yvonne37
    December 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Congrats on the baby :)  walking is a great workout.. its good in every sense, because not only it helps you lose weight and keep your heart healthy.. but your mind too! :)

I was so afraid to go back to college after all these years (im 42!) but if something I have learned is that now that I am older I appreciate every second of my life. Being in school is like going out every day! lol

Quoting BipolarMom09:

Those are great ones yvonne! My baby is due in mid-May and I have so far lost 7-8 pounds so I am hoping to not gain too much and then after my 8 weeks of recovery from c-section I plan to start walking more often and using my elliptical more than twice a year! Haha!

Great job on the 4.0 gpa! I, myself, had a 4.0 gpa while in college online. Made Dean's List every time! Such a great accomplishment, goal, and feeling! Congratulations!! :)

Quoting yvonne37:

• Stevensmomma
    December 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM

not to stress the small stuff so bad 

• towerjunkie1989
    December 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    Get a handle on the finances including paying off debt and saving money
  • BipolarMom09
    December 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Amen, Sister!!! I'm right there with ya! Debt is another one I want to work on. Paying off medical bills, and cleaning up the credit reports! :)

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

Get a handle on the finances including paying off debt and saving money

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts