HeatherNYC
Sales, sales, sales -- what are you buying?
December 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Did you have a holly, jolly Christmas? Great. Now, who's going to have a holly, jolly post Christmas jaunt to the mall? Yeah, I know many of you want to hit those huge savings, though I have to remind us all, despite the big discounts, you are only saving money if you are buy items you need and would buy anyway. Okay, public service message over. With almost every store touting huge markdowns, how to know what is a really good deal and what may get marked further down later? Here are three ideas:

Christmas decorations - This is a no brainer. The little snowman gifts bags, the shiny ornaments, the Rudolph figurines...all of them will be on big sale. If you know you need to restock or will be in need of them come Dec. 1, 2013, stock up now...but remember to jot down somewhere that what all you bought so you can recall it 11 months from now.

Winter clothes - A good idea to stock up on items, but think about what you use a lot and focus your energies there. If you are a turtleneck gal, grab a few extras. If your kids always lose about five pairs of gloves and three hats every winter, pile them up in your cart while they are on sale.

Dishes - Many big stores have sales on their dishware to make room for new designs and sets coming in...a perfect time to replenish your cupboards if you need it. Also, any weddings coming up in the next year? Anyone heading off to college? Think ahead who you may be buying kitchen items for and snag it at a good price.

What are you shopping for at the after-Christmas sales? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/oxign  

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    December 26, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Nothing this year

• michiganmom116
    December 26, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Maybe some winter clothes, but I don't need to buy anything.

• jbyrd898
    December 26, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I dont think I will be doing any after christmas sales, all the $$ we got from relatives is going into savings.

• 4kidz916
    December 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I don't think I'll go out today but I really want to find a good deal on a pre-lit Christmas tree.  All of my lights weren't working this year so it's time for a new one.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    I need to stock up on wrapping paper, I have none left
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    I would also love to get a bigger tree, I don't know where I'm going to look for that.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    December 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    Me too. I have a little 5 ft tree I'd love to get a bigger one

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't think I'll go out today but I really want to find a good deal on a pre-lit Christmas tree.  All of my lights weren't working this year so it's time for a new one.

• cara124
    by cara124
    December 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I'll be shopping for a new winter coat & a new tree... our tree is finally reading to retire after 8yrs LOL .

• cara124
    by cara124
    December 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I'll meet you ladies in the tree aisle !

Quoting cjsmom1:

Me too. I have a little 5 ft tree I'd love to get a bigger one

Quoting 4kidz916:

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    December 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We are going to look for the Imaginext castle that my boys really want but I didn't want to buy for Christmas - they have money saved up & I'm hoping its on sale.

Definitely looking at Christmas decorations.  I've decided I want Christmas/winter towels, pillows etc so I can spread decorations throughout the house more.  I'll have to see if I can get additional serving items for my Christmas dishes.

I'm also looking for small storage boxes for the new toys.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN