HeatherNYC
Cookbooks to Save You Money
October 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Let's pretend it's 5:00...dinnertime. What are you serving? One of the same five dishes you have served every week for the past 63 weeks? Yeah, we are all right there with you. It's tough to find a dish to make that a) the family likes, b) is healthy, and c) doesn't break your shopping budget. Trying to find new dishes is even harder because if the family says, "Bleeee-ach!" you've wasted that moolah.

That's why I'm digging recipes that don't cost a lot to make, and I'm finding many of them in cookbooks specifically made for those of us watching out for our family piggy banks. Check these out: 

Cheap and Easy: A Cookbook for Girls on the Go by Sandra Bark and Alexis Kanfer - Though this one is more for gals who maybe don't have families, the recipes are perfect for anyone with a tight budget and not so much time. It has a variety of budget dishes to try, from soups to cookies.

Dining on a Dime Cook Book: 1000 Money Saving Recipes and Tips by Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper - This come with some yummy and cheap recipes, and many are for things you may buy premade at the store, which means you can learn to make them on your own for much less.  Though some may not work for you and your life, the gazillion cost-saving hints to try are worth a shot.

Cheap. Fast. Good! by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross - Boasting 275 recipes that cost under $2 per serving, this cookbook offers some good basic recipes as well as nifty how-tos on menu planning and substitutions you can make to stretch that grocery dollar.

What is your favorite cookbook these days?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ malerapaso

Replies

• suziejax
    October 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Neat!!!!!! Thanks!
  • momto3isme
    October 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    My favorite one was done by the women of my aunts church. My Mom bought me one and I like most of the recipes that are in it.
  • deedee3849
    October 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I'd love one of those cookbooks! I mostly use internet recipes these days but I love, love, love Gooseberry Patch cookbooks....all of them! 

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I do not really have a favorite

• othermom
    October 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM

will have to check them out. I really don't have a favorite cook book

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    October 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Cool. I'll check them out. DF has been cooking most of our meals these days...helping out while I take care of our newborn. I do like my slow cooker cookbook though...it's great!

• michiganmom116
    October 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I use my own cookbook, compiled of frugal yet HEALTHY recipes I've found all over the internet.

• Stevensmomma
    October 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM

i love the Rachael ray ones!!

• yvonne37
    October 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM

sandra lee's cookbook.  I love her semi homemade recipes.

• countrygirlkat
    October 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I will have to check those out, thank you!  Lately I have been trying out a lot of recipes from my Fix it and Forget it cookbook for crockpot cooking.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts