The Family Piggy Bank

907PickleMom
Christmas Shopping: Layaway vs Black Friday
October 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
So I am just curious as to which you lovely ladies is the most cost effective way to buy gifts. Layaway: get the stuff you want and pay over time. Black Friday: wait for the stuff you want to maybe be a great deal. Let's hear your thoughts ladies!

Replies

• paytonleximomma
    October 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Dont get me wrong I love Black Friday but this year we are doing layaway.  I will still shop some on Black Friday for clothes for the kids and hubby and myself.  But everything else we are doing on layaway this year makes it easier on us with our busy schedules.  Plus I know all's I have to do is make payments and then go pick it up. 

• Stevensmomma
    October 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I buy all year and put it away 

• momto3isme
    October 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I prefer shopping on black friday. 

• jbyrd898
    October 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I dont really do either. I just buy throughout the season. I am not a fan of the crazy crowds on black friday..

• 2qtsmoma
    October 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I usually have my shopping done long before Novemeber. . .(look for great deals all year long- even some after christmas sales from the previous year)- that way- I can go out shopping  on Black Friday with out the "have to get something for. . . ." pressure.- but can score some great deals for  myself- or even for birthdays.  As long as it isn't edible- super trend oriented- or size dependant- (like for toddlers)- there is not an expiration date on gifts!- This additionally spreads out the gift budget so we aren't hammered in the January bills.

• deedee3849
    October 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I don't use Layaway but it's great for those who want to pay things off over time. I love Black Friday. I look for great deals and if I get there in time...great!

• suziejax
    October 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM

i love black friday online

• XVAmomma
    October 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    To us is easier and less expensive to buy during sales throughout the yr. But if I had to choose I'll do layaway...I can't deal with the crazyness of Black Friday. Pluss I don't get the ppl that will wait till BF to just buy things that might have a 15% discount with their Credit Card that has a interest of 20% or more and not pay back till next Christmas....Granted not everyone that shops BF are like that but I do know way to many ppl that do this.
  • ReesesPieces
    October 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    Buy iron clearance or in sale and stash it. I do black Friday shopping too - especially online shopping....so much easier than fighting those crowds.
  • michiganmom116
    October 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I don't do either.  I shop for sales, have a plan, and pay for everything with cash.  No shopping splurges, no fighting crowds, no having to wait in line all night to get into a store on BF.

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts