Mommy4two
Girl Scouts
October 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Is anyone child in GS's? My daughter is starting Daisies and I'm going to be the leader, I was wondering how the expenses seemed to you?

Replies

• Stevensmomma
    October 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

nope we only have boys 

• ReesesPieces
    October 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We aren't in GS, but in Cub Scouts the expenses seem very small at first, but then they quickly add up.  I'd imagine it's the same with GS.  Of course, I think it also depends on how involved you're going to be.  For us, all 3 of our boys will be Eagle Scouts (if they want to ever have their license) so we have the next 16 years invested in the scouting program.  There are camps, fundraisers (for GS, it's those cookies - it's hard to not buy any when you have a living room full of them!!), badges and other awards (unless your group is big enough to cover the costs), the uniform - and if you're a leader, you'll probably need one too - plus the annual dues, the insurance, and such.  It's really worth it in the end, but if you're thinking it's going too be cheaper than gymnastics or some other sport, then chances are it won't be. 

• jbyrd898
    October 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM

no but bump

• momto3isme
    October 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

No my oldest never wanted to join and my youngest can't make up her mind what she wants to do.

• sparkyco2
    October 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM

our DD is in 3rd grade this year and she elected to not rejoin for some reason.  but when she was a daisy and GS we paid 12.00 earlybird registration and .25 dues each meeting other than that it was 1.00 to 10.00 per outting or event they attended plus any spending money they wanted to bring.  they also had to buy there sashes and daisy vests which were too terrible.  hope this helps.....

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My daughter isn't old enough yet.

• AzariahsMother
    October 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

DD has been in Girl Scouts for 7 years.  I have never been the leader of the troop, but have been cookie manager for 2 years.

There really should be no personal expenses and all the expenses should come from the troop and other parents.  You collect what they call "dues" and that pays for all the expenses.  One you guys start selling cookies the profit you make from them will allow you to do extra field trips and stuff like that. 

PM me if you have questions.

• michiganmom116
    October 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

No, my DD never wanted to get involved.  She's got enough going as it is.

• CameronsMommy23
    October 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    Our dd is too little.
  • i.heart.myboys
    October 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    I have only boys
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts