creative and crafty idea; turn old t-shirts into delightful posters! This project can be completed in less than one hour.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets: One, 12" x 36" x 1" sheet OR three 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Disc: 12" x 1"
- Four junior T-shirts, size large
- Thick, white craft glue
- Straight pins
- Sawtooth picture hangers: four OR poster putty
- Optional: If using 12" x 36" x 1" sheets, additional supplies include ruler, pencil, serrated knife, old candle, dental floss
1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step #2. Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across the score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Cut three 12" x 12" squares.
2. Insert 12" x 12" foam square into t-shirt. Carefully position foam square so that t-shirt design is centered and seams are not in front. Test "fit" of t-shirt: stretch t-shirt fabric over edges, being sure that sleeves and neckline can be stretched over the sides to the back. Carefully trim away back side of t-shirt and excess fabric, leaving several inches all around to cover edges.
3. Wrap foam square in t-shirt fabric, neatly folding fabric at the corners. Pin and glue fabric to reverse side.
4. Following Steps 2 & 3 above, cover foam disc with t-shirt.
5. Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger. Or, attach foam squares to wall with poster putty.
6. Let dry before hanging.
by Flaca43October 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM
by jbyrd898October 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM
by suziejaxOctober 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
ok I love that! My son would love this!
by StevensmommaOctober 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
very neat !
by deedee3849October 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
by momto3ismeOctober 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM
by KRIZZ25October 9, 2012 at 4:51 PMGOOD IDEA..WOULD BE GRATE WTH MY KIDS FAV TEENS WEN THY OUT GROW EM..TY