HeatherNYC
Rethink That Bathroom Décor
October 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

One place that gets overlooked in the décor department is the bathroom. Why? I'm not sure, as we all go in there a lot, spend a fair amount of minutes (perhaps hours?) every day. Sure, re-decorating isn't the first thing that pops into mind when you think of the bathroom, but it's an easy place to get your decorating groove on for not much money.

-- Get some bold colors. We always think of lighter colors when we think of the bathroom, perhaps because they are usually small-ish spaces, but that is a mistake! Grab a bold shower curtain, like this navy one and match it up with some bold blue and white accessories or even another color like yellow or aqua.

-- Go 3D. Often the only texture in the bathroom is the waffle-weave shower curtain or terry cloth towels. Check out this shower curtain that comes in a variety of colors: it has a 3D effect with the attached cutout leaves. A statement for sure. Match it with sleek brushed metal accessories like these from Target.

-- Bring in cool artwork. I have a huge typography poster in my bathroom that says "Today is the day." I got it from Etsy on from thebigharumph. Or use the artwork on these bath sink items. Use the branch and bird motif throughout with beiges and aqua towels and curtains.

-- Create a spa. If you love the clean look of those chic spas, go all white with a splash of natural materials. These bamboo accessories will help complete that Zen vibe.

What is your bathroom decor like? Do you want to redo it? 

©iStockphoto.com/ValentijnTempels

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 9, 2012 at 6:39 AM

It is pretty hodge podge right now.

• michiganmom116
    October 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

My bathroom is pretty small and I totally remodeled it 6 years ago.  What a job!  I have no desire to redo the decor in there.  It's light, bright, with blue & green. 

• Amy127
    by Amy127
    October 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    Both our bathrooms had the ugliest floral print walls when we moved in. I painted the master bath tan and have a maroon and dark brown theme with the rugs and towels. Hung a huge mirror next to the bath tub and a small clock on another wall. The kids bathroom is painted bright yellow, I originally did it for U of M for dh but when kids came I just.took down the u of m decor and added rubber duckies.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I've been looking for something to hang on the wall in my bathroom.

• natesmom1228
    October 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM

My bathroom walls are yellow and the decor is floral. I haven't really thought about changing it yet.

• ReesesPieces
    October 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    My half bath is chocolate brown with lime green hand towels, and a 3 small canvas squares covered with some patterned fabric, and a long rectangle canvas covered with coordinating fabric (all in lime green, white, and chocolate). Total cost was a 1/2 gallon of paint, 1.5 yards of fabric (with plenty left over) and the canvases that I bought on sale for 50% off.
  • ReesesPieces
    October 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    Master bathroom is a similar shade of lime green - we color matched it to match our bedspread. We have brown towels, brown candles, and brown toothpaste holders. We have a glass shower stall, so no need for a curtain. We also have 2 framed prints that were $20 each at Michael's and they are nice and big.
  • ReesesPieces
    October 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    The upstairs bathroom is gray with bright yellow towels and bath may. We have a gray-ish frosted case with bright yellow flowers in it, and we have silver metal buckets with bright yellow ribbon hanging on the door - they hold the kids' hair bands, q-tips, flossers, and other random bathroom needs.
  • ReesesPieces
    October 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    I love all 3 bathrooms and have no plans to redo them. ;)
  • AzariahsMother
    October 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Right now it's different shades of blues with really no theme other then that.  Bathroom is really in need of a make over.  We will be moving shortly, so we will be some new things because we will have 2 bathrooms instead of 1. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN