The Family Piggy Bank

Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now
October 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

Replies

• deedee3849
    October 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I make my coffee at home and bring it along and I'm not giving up my coffee from home!! I don't eat lunch out, I pack a lunch.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    October 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I probably spend $20-$30/week on cappuccino & lunch for myself & my 2 boys.

I can't (don't want to!) quit cappuccino, but definitely need to not buy lunch out nearly as often as I do.

• dest1992
    October 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    I dont do coffee or lunch since i only work 4hrs and the one 15min break i get i spend pumping
  • JoyJoy
    by JoyJoy
    October 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    we eat at home
  • Angie_O
    by Angie_O
    October 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    We don't eat out. We tried to make sure everything is from home :)
  • steph21078
    October 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I don't buy coffee, and have learned to bring snacks from home

• shishie
    by shishie
    October 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I don't buy coffee or lunches out, everything is from home.

• Shopsha0911
    October 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I only make coffee at home and about $10 total for a take out lunch once a week with my co workers. I usualy go home and eat leftovers or PB & J. So for three months it would be about $120.00.

• Moms_Angels1960
    October 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I buy zero lunches out I eat for free at work and I don't buy coffees but I do buy Iced Tea after work so that is all. I could probably save 55.00 for the next 3 months if I didn't buy them if I could remember to take my tea with me in the mornings and buy ice.

Edit: It is my only indulgence so I would hate to give up my Tea just for Christmas shopping I'll cut someowhere else.

• jhelmke
    by jhelmke
    October 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

We dont eat out.

The Family Piggy Bank