Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now
October 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

Replies

• deedee3849
    October 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I make my coffee at home and bring it along and I'm not giving up my coffee from home!! I don't eat lunch out, I pack a lunch.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    October 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I probably spend $20-$30/week on cappuccino & lunch for myself & my 2 boys.

I can't (don't want to!) quit cappuccino, but definitely need to not buy lunch out nearly as often as I do.

• dest1992
    October 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    I dont do coffee or lunch since i only work 4hrs and the one 15min break i get i spend pumping
  • JoyJoy
    by JoyJoy
    October 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    we eat at home
  • Angie_O
    by Angie_O
    October 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    We don't eat out. We tried to make sure everything is from home :)
  • steph21078
    October 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I don't buy coffee, and have learned to bring snacks from home

• shishie
    by shishie
    October 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I don't buy coffee or lunches out, everything is from home.

• Shopsha0911
    October 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I only make coffee at home and about $10 total for a take out lunch once a week with my co workers. I usualy go home and eat leftovers or PB & J. So for three months it would be about $120.00.

• Moms_Angels1960
    October 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I buy zero lunches out I eat for free at work and I don't buy coffees but I do buy Iced Tea after work so that is all. I could probably save 55.00 for the next 3 months if I didn't buy them if I could remember to take my tea with me in the mornings and buy ice.

Edit: It is my only indulgence so I would hate to give up my Tea just for Christmas shopping I'll cut someowhere else.

• jhelmke
    by jhelmke
    October 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

We dont eat out.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN