Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 3: Cut Costs Now
October 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Save a little more this year by cutting out things you don't need now! Make your coffee at home, bring your own lunch, skip name brands and add it all to a holiday slush fund.

How much do you spend on coffee and lunches each week? How much can you save if you stop buying a few of these "treats" for the next three months?

coffee

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

Replies

• astridnermal
    October 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    I am guilty of splurging on coffee when running errands maybe twice a week. If i cut back it would save us $ for sure.
  • ProudMomof5Boys
    October 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

since im a SAHM i dont buy coffee and lunch everyday. When it comes to the name brand i have been cutting back on those a few months ago and have seen a difference

• MamarazziTo2
    October 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We don't buy coffee and we always pack lunches at home so no extra savings there for us :)

• erienne06
    October 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    $2 something per carmel iced coffee at mcdonalds but I only get it twice a month so about $12 saved at three months.
  • ShirreeM
    October 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Don't drink coffee and neither does my hubby. He comes home from lunch.
    The only lunch I pay for is my son's school lunch :)
  • ShhhItsASecret
    October 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    I bought a small can of coffee that lasted me 3 months.
  • LadyDione1
    October 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Dunkin is a weakness, especially iced coffees....I could save about $100 in 3 mnths by eliminating trips to dunkin and packing more lunches instead of buying them.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Probably around $15–20 a week. I normally buy breakfast on the weekends because I won't wake up early to make breakfast
  • tabby1979
    October 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM

not a coffee person....

• woliung8153
    October 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    We already do those things
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!