Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 2: Get Creative
October 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Consider homemade gifts this year. These gifts don't just save you money - they're also more personal! Need some ideas? Bake cookies, make a big batch of hot chocolate, or print a photo and find a nice frame.  If you're not crafty, consider buying candles or ornaments in bulk. You can divide them up and give them to multiple people.

How will you save on gifts this year?

gift

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in at least 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

Replies

• allyn9
    by allyn9
    October 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I save by shopping sales, buying throughout the years, and also making things like homemade cookies and photo gifts.

• jadedprincess
    October 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I am pretty sure that I am making quilts for close friends and family, I am also cutting back on who i purchase for.

• sasterns
    October 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

My sister in law and I are planning on making lip balms, secret book-boxes, and some other fun and CHEAP DIY gifts this year!

• jamiegraham
    October 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Homemade cookies and cakes

• lynda0322
    October 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I always make large batches of home made cookies for family members, co workers  and teachers.

• pampire
    by pampire
    October 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I plan to do some baking for certain people on my list

Several items I've purchased already came from the thrift store.

SO and I will be forgoing gifts for each other and focusing instead on stuff for our new house.

• Princessofscots
    October 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

For everyone that is not one of the kiddos, I am going to be purchasing bulk loose leaf teas from my sister's company.

Dividing them up, and packing them in bags/baskets with some other goodies, jams, short bread, etc.

I always do something handmade for my Husband. So racking my brain right now trying to think of what.

• barrier
    by barrier
    October 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    My dd.and I are going rob
    Be making body scrub.
  • clowry02
    October 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I love crafting sewing and crocheting so will be making some gifts

• ashleymosq
    October 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

This is something I will be doing for my DD's teacher. I don't think it will be the food items, but something I can make at home for her. I am not all that crafty, but when I sit down and really work on something, it does turn out ok lol.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts