Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 1: Plan Ahead
October 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

This sounds like an easy task, but the holidays will be here before you know it!

Sit down and make a list of upcoming parties, gifts you'll need to buy, trips you might be taking, and other expenses that might come up - costumes for a winter dance recital, anything. Then take some time to set a reasonable budget keeping in mind what works for your finances and incorporates all these purchases.

What do you have coming up this season?

writing

Sign up here to receive daily reminders! One mom who completes 10 or more days of the challenge will win a $50 Chase gift card!

Replies

• Myrick4pack
    October 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
    Christmas for the kids. Gifts for their teachers. Gifts for family. My baby girl turning 1 in Dec. Maintenance on the van. Oh, and winter clothes.
  • yvonne37
    October 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM

My husband's uncle will turn 60 and his daughters are having a party.. so thats for this week. Then its halloween and thanksgiving (although we dont give gifts, we still spend on food)... then right after that we have to get ready for christmas.  I have been putting some money together for that though :)

• michiganmom116
    October 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Winter coats

Snow boots for 2 kids and DH

Fall retreat for the teens last weekend of October

DD needs winter clothes

A bit extra $$ for holiday meals and baked goods

Granddaughter's birthday 12/23

Christmas gifts

• momto3isme
    October 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

We don't have any trips or parties planned so that will save money.  I have an ongoing list of who I have to buy presents for and update it each time I buy something.  I am not planning on spending a lot of money for presents this year.

• deedee3849
    October 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Christmas gifts for kids and nephews

Homemade gifts for relatives, teachers etc (kids crafts and my stuff)

Baking supplies/ingredients for upcoming get togethers

Gifts/Donation for charity

Christmas cards/stamps

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

My son'ts birthday is coming up next month. We have it budgeted already

• ProudMomof5Boys
    October 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

my birthday, son birthday day after mine, costumes, Thanksgiving at our house this year, winter clothes, xmas gifts

• AzariahsMother
    October 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well.........

There really are no parties or gifts we need to buy other then what is coming up for the holiday's.  Birthday's for us don't start until May, so we have some time there.  We have done a lot of cutting back this year for Christmas in hopes of saving. 

• AlexDakotasMom
    October 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Halloween thanksgiving Christmas, weekend trips..thanksgiving trips, some winter clothes and food!!
  • ReesesPieces
    October 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    The bulk is Christmas gifts, but we also have my son's birthday, my birthday, a camping trip, a trip out of town, and lots of cub scout stuff. Yikes....that's starting to stress me out.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts