Cafe Kelly
Smarter Seasonal Spending Challenge Day 1: Plan Ahead
October 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

This sounds like an easy task, but the holidays will be here before you know it!

Sit down and make a list of upcoming parties, gifts you'll need to buy, trips you might be taking, and other expenses that might come up - costumes for a winter dance recital, anything. Then take some time to set a reasonable budget keeping in mind what works for your finances and incorporates all these purchases.

What do you have coming up this season?

writing

Sign up here to receive daily reminders! One mom who completes 10 or more days of the challenge will win a $50 Chase gift card!

Replies

• unicornnymph22
    October 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    Halloween, christmas gifts, anniversary, dd's b-day, ds's b-day, dh's b-day, my b-day.
  • 5forjulie
    October 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    birthdays and christmas
  • Lo1427
    by Lo1427
    October 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    Yep! We take the kids there a couple times a year.

Quoting heather4511:

Wisconsin Dells? :)

Quoting Lo1427:

Halloween costumes

Snow boots and snow pants for oldest

Thanksgiving dinner for the family

Book dells hotel for christmas

Book lodge for January vacation

Christmas gifts

Holiday party at our house
  • ZoeCY
    by ZoeCY
    October 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

We have a lot of added expenses right now because we are buying a house (without appliances too).  Then we also have my niece's birthday, Christmas, my nephew's birthday, and shortly after that is my daughter's birthday.  I am hoping that we have budgeted everything out at what they will be if not higher (as far as utilities and things). 

• godsgirl26
    October 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    My middle son bday, christmas, and a lot of other things yikes.
  • natesmom1228
    October 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I have a layaway that I am paying on for Christmas. It's going to be a lean one this year. A couple gifts per person and that is about it.

I have to make a dish for Thanksgiving dinner. I need to plan that.

• jhelmke
    by jhelmke
    October 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Birthday gifts, thanksgiving, winter clothes, and christmas.

• sweetsurprise13
    October 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Well I have already finished christmas shopping for my son , sister and mil. I put all his stuff in layaway and had bought some stuff on clearance.  

I need to buy gifts for hubby, grandmother, uncle, mom and step dad , 2 bil, and hubbys grandma.  

Also gifts for my sons teachers .

• natesmom1228
    October 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Quoting godsgirl26:

My middle son bday, christmas, and a lot of other things yikes.

My sons bday is Dec 28th. I know the feeling.

• MamarazziTo2
    October 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM

We have a lot of home remodeling going on right now that probably wont be finished until sometime next year. So there's that, we still need to buy Halloween costumes for the kids, our sons 2nd birthday is in Dec, there's also 3 other relative birthdays in Dec, we have Christmas gifts to buy for the kids and we're possible planning a trip to PA to visit family during Dec. December is definitely our busiest month!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN