The Family Piggy Bank

Cafe Denise
Buying in Bulk?
August 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Do you buy your groceries in bulk to save?

shopping

Replies

• michiganmom116
    August 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Some things yes, some things no.  I buy almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, honey, coconut oil, and spices in large quantities.  We also buy beef and pork by the whole animal and chickens by the 50 count.  However, it's hard to get more than a week's worth of fresh produce in the refrigerator, so I can't really buy those things in bulk unless I'm canning.

• MamaBear2cubs
    August 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM

On meats we do.

• CameronsMommy23
    August 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    Sometimes yes. Not too often.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    August 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    No. There's only 3 people in my house so buying in bulk doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus my tiny fridge and freezer suck.
  • Stevensmomma
    August 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    Yes if its cheaper that way we do ccertian things we dont
  • Vondakclark
    August 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I dont exactly buy in bulk but i sure do buy ALL my products from an ALL NATURAL ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE COMPANY and ALL products ARE CONCENTRATED. All these products cost less and I get more for my bang!!!!

Let me know if you have questions. I just got sooo tired of all the harmful chemicals in the prducts

• FindersKeepers
    August 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Even with a small number of people in the house it is still a benefit to stock up on non-perishable items that you eat often when they are on sale.  When things we use go on 10 for $10 I buy in bulk and then don't have to worry about replenishing it later at full price.   Plus I consider our full pantry as part of our disaster kit so a two-fer.

Bummer about your freezer.  Ours is not so big, but I still try to stock up on meats when they are on sale.   I find it takes less room if I separate everything into serving sizes and freeze it right away.   Ex.  Chicken breats come in a 10 pack.   I would freeze them as 4, 4 and 2.    (4 when we are all here; 2 if the kids are out or to make soup stir fry, ect.)

Quoting cjsmom1:

No. There's only 3 people in my house so buying in bulk doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus my tiny fridge and freezer suck.

• e.sugarbaby
    August 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    Yes...especially on toilet tissue and soap.... But not so much on produce..
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    August 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    I stock up on nonperishables when they're on sale. Especially if it's a good sale. I try to buy as much meat as I can when it's on sale.

Quoting FindersKeepers:

Even with a small number of people in the house it is still a benefit to stock up on non-perishable items that you eat often when they are on sale.  When things we use go on 10 for $10 I buy in bulk and then don't have to worry about replenishing it later at full price.   Plus I consider our full pantry as part of our disaster kit so a two-fer.

Bummer about your freezer.  Ours is not so big, but I still try to stock up on meats when they are on sale.   I find it takes less room if I separate everything into serving sizes and freeze it right away.   Ex.  Chicken breats come in a 10 pack.   I would freeze them as 4, 4 and 2.    (4 when we are all here; 2 if the kids are out or to make soup stir fry, ect.)

Quoting cjsmom1:

• jbyrd898
    August 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

we buy somethings in bulk. things that are cheaper when purchased in bulk, or if they are the same price things that save me time to buy in bulk and not have to keep on going out to get them!

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts