The Family Piggy Bank

HeatherNYC
If I Had A Million Dollars -- or Just An Extra $100
July 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I play the lottery sometimes. When the numbers get big...as they say here in New York, "You have to be in it to win it." And when I do play the numbers, the mind drifts to what I would do with a million dollars - or $25 million or what ever the pay out would be. 

We all have a better chance of hitting a hole in one, becoming president or getting struck by lightening than winning a Mega Millions jackpot, but what about having an extra $100? Much more realistic, right? We can all put away $10 a week for 10 weeks and "win" $100. 

Now, just for kicks, for fun, let's play "What would you do with $100?" Budget and bills and worries and stresses aside, what would you do with this "win'? Here are a few somewhat frivolous things I'd get.

-- New dinner plates. I am a sucker for new everyday dishes. I would have some for each season if I could. Right now, we have basic white dishes we got when we married almost 11 years ago. Ones I am digging: these cool earthy ones at Crate and Barrel or a matte black set from Bed Bath and Beyond.

-- Stock. Just for fun, to see where I goes, I'd buy some shares in stocks for a company I like (and use). Maybe Starbucks that hovers about $51 per share, or Green Mountain Coffee Roasters that make our Keurig, which is about $21 per share -- or Gap (we need to stock up on back-to-school clothes), it hovers at $28 per share...again, for fun...

-- Boots. Mama loves her boots, and I would have a closet full if I could. Though temps are rather hot right now, I'm envisioning fall weather as I look for my chosen footwear. With my $100 winnings, I'd nab these black ones or a cool cognac pair, both from Piperlime.

-- New artwork for Kiddo's room. I would totally redo her room with a variety of prints and quotes like this one (she loves cats) or this inspirational poster. Both under $20 at Etsy -- and there are many more to choose from.

-- New mommy necklace...I don't have one, so maybe I'd get a cool, hip dog-tag-inspired style necklace. Love this stainless steel sleek one, but also dig the more typical stamped kind in sterling silver. With my $100, I could get both!

What would you buy with your winning $100? This is purely for fun, folks, no bill-paying or saving allowed! 

ŠiStockphoto.com/malerpaso

Replies

• goddess99
    July 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I would buy the griddle.

• lalasmama2007
    July 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    I buy my dd school clothes.
  • KaylaMillar
    July 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    It would go toward a Bunkbed for the kids
  • Madelaine
    July 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I would get some high end makeup or some shoes.

• dusky_rose
    July 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I would go clothes shopping and get some new jeans and capris.

• dusky_rose
    July 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

My youngest son needs clothes too.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I buy my dd school clothes.

• .Angelica.
    July 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

sewing machine. lol I just discovered a love of sewing. Or new clothes for the kids, because I love buying them stuff. lol

• daerca574
    July 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I would go buy a few new tops to wear.

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

stock? yeah i will get some of that too :-P

• Leelee1008
    July 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Pants LOL, I desperatly need clothes that fit. and then I would go to the store, the plan would be buy myself some pants. I would get in that store, see the kids secition and buymy kids stuff, same old thing I do every tiem  have a few extra bucks LOL.

Or If I "won" this extra $100 around fall I would go to yankee candle and buy some great fall scents.

The Family Piggy Bank

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts