The Family Piggy Bank

Princessracer
Direct Sales... Are you doing it? Thoughts on doing it?
June 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I am considering joining a direct sales company.. I've been with one before and even though I love thier products, they're pricey and my customer base can't afford them.. I can't even afford them without the consultant discount! 

So, I'm thinking about joining Scentsy - Has anyone hosted a party with a Scentsy consultant before? What are your thoughts on it..

Do you sell Scentsy? Can you give me your honest opinion on it?

Or are you with another direct sales company that you absolutely love and is affordable for your customers?

Greatly appreciate all feedback about DS!

Replies

• michiganmom116
    June 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I've tried direct sales with 4 different companies.  You have to be a good salesperson and you have to develop a client base of people that buy regularly. 

I just wasn't a fan of being away from my family day and night.

• MamaBear2cubs
    June 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I've never done direct salaes but good luck!

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    June 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    I've never done it
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    June 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    I agree with a pp you must sell something people can afford, be good with selling things, and gain repeat customers.
  • lillybug222
    June 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    Scentsy was great......until Walmart started making warmers & scents for 1/2 the price. I don't buy Scentsy any longer.
  • Amy127
    by Amy127
    June 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    I've done 2 different ones. And while I benefitted greatly from both. I eventually ran out of customers and wasn't the best at approaching strangers. I haven't bought candles in over 4 years since I sold partylite. (Yeah I stocked up big time before k quit selling them ) As for scentcy, I've never even seen a catalog or know too much about it.
  • Stevensmomma
    June 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

never done it before

• Princessracer
    June 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM

@Lillybug- Do you feel like wal-mart quality is on par with Scentsy quality?

@Amy- It is a wickless candle, a light bulb warms the wax to release the scent. Which eliminates the soot & problems with an open flame.. Such as if your child or pet or even you were to knock it over, no fires.. no burning.

• yvonne37
    June 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

heard of it.. never done it.  I dont think its something i want to do or something that will make money of at this moment.

• jbyrd898
    June 26, 2012 at 6:28 AM

No, I havent but am watching this post for replies.

The Family Piggy Bank