Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
FroYoBitch
For the new stepmoms and the not-so-new that are sincerely seeking help
March 29 at 1:14 PM

Be careful.  Take "advice" with a grain of salt.  Listen to the ladies that are kind and offer constructive solutions.  I have seen countless women ripped to shreds in here by a group of angry bio mothers.  Women come here seeking help...some are at wits end...and they get greeted with hostility, anger and judgment.

It makes me sad to know that someone hitting rock bottom in step hell comes to a "support site" and instead of support they get devoured.

Not all groups are like this..some are kind and helpful.   

Good luck to you!

Replies

• amanda_mom89
    March 29 at 1:21 PM
    I think you'd be surprised to find out that most of the women in here are SMs. Not BM's.

And yes, some women in here are bitches from time to time.

But most of the time I see someone whining it's because they got a strong dose of reality and truth and they didn't like it.

This group is not everyone's cup of tea. But if have thick skin and an open mind, it's chock full of great advice and supportive women. The women who have been successful in their step lives have overcome a lot and they didn't get there by crying that someone was mean. You have to be tough, flexible and willing to step outside your comfort zone.

And that's why their advice comes like it does. I don't know where I'd be without this group. I don't always agree with everyone and sometimes a post doesn't go the way I want it to.. But this is a good group.
  • Tigress22304
    March 29 at 1:21 PM

But....this isn't a support group.......I mean we'll gladly offer our 2 cents and help one another...but for the most part-we're honest..we're not into the whole coddling/hand holding singing kumbya deal....let's face it-I can't sing for shit!

But I will be straight honest with you, if I think I could help another SM, then I will.

Rather be brutally honest then sugarcoat the shit.

• LilMamaK
    March 29 at 1:22 PM

Agreed!!! So glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! Well said FROYO!

• FroYoBitch
    March 29 at 1:22 PM

Exhibit A...

Quoting amanda_mom89: I think you'd be surprised to find out that most of the women in here are SMs. Not BM's. And yes, some women in here are bitches from time to time. But most of the time I see someone whining it's because they got a strong dose of reality and truth and they didn't like it. This group is not everyone's cup of tea. But if have thick skin and an open mind, it's chock full of great advice and supportive women. The women who have been successful in their step lives have overcome a lot and they didn't get there by crying that someone was mean. You have to be tough, flexible and willing to step outside your comfort zone. And that's why their advice comes like it does. I don't know where I'd be without this group. I don't always agree with everyone and sometimes a post doesn't go the way I want it to.. But this is a good group.

• AmericanDream
    March 29 at 1:24 PM

I'm pretty sure SugarCoated Shit is the prefered breakfast cereal of some.

Quoting Tigress22304:

But....this isn't a support group.......I mean we'll gladly offer our 2 cents and help one another...but for the most part-we're honest..we're not into the whole coddling/hand holding singing kumbya deal....let's face it-I can't sing for shit!

But I will be straight honest with you, if I think I could help another SM, then I will.

Rather be brutally honest then sugarcoat the shit.

• FroYoBitch
    March 29 at 1:24 PM

As I expected..a lack of introspection elicits hostility when the curtain is pulled back.

• AmericanDream
    March 29 at 1:25 PM

What did she say that was mean or unhelpful or unkind?  How does this prove your "point?"

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Exhibit A...

Quoting amanda_mom89: I think you'd be surprised to find out that most of the women in here are SMs. Not BM's. And yes, some women in here are bitches from time to time. But most of the time I see someone whining it's because they got a strong dose of reality and truth and they didn't like it. This group is not everyone's cup of tea. But if have thick skin and an open mind, it's chock full of great advice and supportive women. The women who have been successful in their step lives have overcome a lot and they didn't get there by crying that someone was mean. You have to be tough, flexible and willing to step outside your comfort zone. And that's why their advice comes like it does. I don't know where I'd be without this group. I don't always agree with everyone and sometimes a post doesn't go the way I want it to.. But this is a good group.

• amanda_mom89
    March 29 at 1:25 PM
    Lol. What I said was very polite. But OK, I didn't expect you to agree with me.

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Exhibit A...

• Tigress22304
    March 29 at 1:26 PM

happy

Quoting FroYoBitch:

As I expected..a lack of introspection elicits hostility when the curtain is pulled back.

• AmericanDream
    March 29 at 1:27 PM

Jaden Smith!!  IS THAT YOU??

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts