Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
Mommyof5247
Kind of scary.
April 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Almost 2 years ago, SS5's pediatrician put him on Miralax for potty issues. When we informed BM, she fought with DH about it because she said it was dangerous & refused to give it to SS. She made a really big deal out of this with us, her lawyer, DH's lawyer, the judge, everyone.

It got to the point that it's been written in at least 2 of the many court orders that she must follow all doctors orders because once she was no longer able to take the kids to the doctor, she wouldn't follow orders.She started claiming to give it, but the bottle wouldn't be opened. She admitted to dumping it out into another container...just problem after problem.

All of this coming from a woman who the judge & others had concerns about her medical behavior with the children causing those rights to be taken from her. The same woman who has, since then, been telling SD7 about her own medical problems, injuries, need for surgery (just recently AGAIN) & being sick frequently (according to SD). Making SD worry for her mom sometimes.

Today, DH forgot to send SS's miralax with to visit this weekend. BM told exchange staff "That's ok, my daughter (14mo) is on the same thing, I'll just use hers". Really? After all this time fighting it you put your baby on it? Honestly, I have been & am a little worried for her DD. When DH has seen the baby he has said she looked sickly. I know that part is none of our business or concern, but knowing that everyone has had concerns about BM's medical behavior. DH & I got chills.

Replies

• shanlee42
    April 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    She sounds like a piece of work. I hope everything is okay with her little one.
  • ramita
    by ramita
    April 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    My SS is on that (age 7) when my DH informed BM about it and said she needed to be strict about his diet no fast food, big sodas, extra veggies and fruit, etc. She said she always fixes good for the kids. The first tine she got them for the day she feeds them fried chicken from Popeye's and coke. Then the next time he ate mcdonalfs and again coke. Needless to say that night or the next day his stomach ALWAYS hurts him so bad, but she doesn't care. Thankfully she was only getting day visits and no there's no visits at all unless she goes to the visitation center and fills out her side of the paperwork (DH has had his done since May)....
    I hope her baby is ok...
  • Mommyof5247
    April 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    She has been a piece of work.
    Alarm bells have gone off when SD has told us that her mom says she's sick, has to have surgery for something etc. As though she trying to get sympathy from a 7yo.
    Then supposed difficulties with her DD. It just reminded us of the frequent dr visits with SD especially.
    I hope her DD is ok too & I hope her DH pays attention, but I seriously wonder how much he is aware of.

Quoting shanlee42:

She sounds like a piece of work. I hope everything is okay with her little one.
  • Polkadotted
    April 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Or she just said that to seem like she would give it.

• Polkadotted
    April 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Munchhausen much?

• Tinkerbellmama
    April 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM

We have that problem with SD. She's not on miralax, but every time she comes home from BM's house she's HORRIBLY constipated and has a yucky tummy. All SD eats with BM is pop tarts, cup o noodle/top ramen, and fast food.

Quoting ramita:

My SS is on that (age 7) when my DH informed BM about it and said she needed to be strict about his diet no fast food, big sodas, extra veggies and fruit, etc. She said she always fixes good for the kids. The first tine she got them for the day she feeds them fried chicken from Popeye's and coke. Then the next time he ate mcdonalfs and again coke. Needless to say that night or the next day his stomach ALWAYS hurts him so bad, but she doesn't care. Thankfully she was only getting day visits and no there's no visits at all unless she goes to the visitation center and fills out her side of the paperwork (DH has had his done since May)....
    I hope her baby is ok...

• Mommyof5247
    April 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    We had similar issues.
    I used to keep BM informed about everything in great detail. I sent all of the info & let her know what we were doing for him here. Of course, she was already doing all of it, every detail & had been all along...then she would contradict herself.

I hope her DD is ok too. I can't imagine having to start miralax at 12mos. Now we wonder if she was self-medicating her DD when she admitted to taking extra of SS's meds.

Quoting ramita:

I hope her baby is ok...
  • Mommyof5247
    April 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    That's possible too.
    But normally she would have raised a fuss to make DH look uncaring or irresponsible.
    Who knows. I should never try to understand her thought processes...it used to drive me nuts.

Quoting Polkadotted:

Or she just said that to seem like she would give it.

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts