Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
Tillymommie
Kinda impressed with Bm this week..
April 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

When we dropped off SS yesterday, Bm looked like she was sick. DH asked if she was ok. She told him she had surgery last week. She apparently got her tubes tied.

First I was shocked that she didn't text DH. She tends to be in the hospital alot and use to text him all hours of the night, talking about how bored she was. So woot, one impressed point for that.

My other reason for being impressed is because Dh made the comment, 'Really, I thought you wanted more kids?' (Really Dh? You can't complain later that she talked for a while after that.) Well BM replied that she use to, but she realized that she really just needs to focus on being a mom to SS. She has made a lot of mistakes with him and has a lot to make up for. She said she doesn't want SS to ever feel she loves another child more then him and she thinks if she ever had another one, she would have to explain why she has custody of one kid and not him. I am very impressed she gave up her desire to have more kids for the sake of wanting to be the best mom for SS.

I really hope she keeps this attitude. Since Dh has made the decision to try overnights, its been rocky, crazy hard, and frustrating, but lately its starting to look better. She has a job now, she is keeping all of her visits, no longer cancelling last minute, no longer texting Dh over anything that doesn't pertain to SS, and just showing she is putting SS first. It makes me happy that she might actually be around in the future and an active positive role.

Replies

• mommadana
    April 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM

That's awesome!  Your SS will be a very lucky boy to have all 3 of you to help him along the way.

• ramita
    by ramita
    April 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    Hope she continues down the bath of being a good mom. Hope she feels better to, I've heard getting tubes tied can really cause problems in some people.
  • shanlee42
    April 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    For SS's sake I hope that everyone continues to grow and move forward.
  • elisesmom922
    April 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Sounds like she is really trying to do better. If only it were contagious from one BM to another...

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN