Stepmom Central

renee891
toilet seat
April 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM

how do i get my 9 year old boy to stop peeing on the toliet seat?

Replies

• tiredmama42
    April 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I have a 11 year and had te same problem.  He stopped but we were constantly complaining about it. I put clorox wipes next to the toilet and kept making him clean it up.  He eventually stopped but it was frustrating.

• Birdseed
    April 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Does happen all the time or just overnight?  If the latter, not much you can do I don't think.  My brothers would get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and not even remember it.  They were still pretty much asleep.

Day time?  I wouldn't hound him.  I'd remind him that he needs to lift the seat and then have him clean it when he doesn't.  

• singlemom416
    April 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Make a game out of it. Put a cheerio in the toilet and have him aim for it.

• mom2boys664
    April 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM

We have 3 little boys, if you find the answer, please let me know.

• progressandjoy
    April 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

When my younger brother was having this issue, my mom stuck a little note on the top of the toilet tank.

It said – “If you sprinkle when you tinkle / Be a sweetie, wipe the seatie”

It seemed to work. He didn’t like when guests came over and comment on the ‘cute’ poem in the bathroom.

• LittleMama2012
    April 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Ds4 does this and drives me crazy. He will say,"but I gotta go. There is no time for that!" I am gonna try the idea of making him clean it up.
  • faerie75
    April 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    Good luck w that. I tell these boys until I'm blue in the face. I got 7 in this house sometimes. I won't use their bathroom.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

For this reason I make mine just sit down!!!

• SassyMom25
    April 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    SS11 cleans the toilet now.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

make him clean the toilet.

Stepmom Central