Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
viv212
Do you do your stepkids' laundry?
by viv212
February 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I was going to just ask the moms who have 50/50 but on 2nd thought, I'd love to hear from everyone.

I just started doing it because I hate that my bf waits until the kids have no clothes left. So I started taking on his, and his 2 youngest. His oldest is 8 and I think she got embarrassed that I was doing her laundry, so she said she wanted to learn to do her own. My only dd is 13 and does her own.

Replies

• whatIknownow
    February 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I do all the laundry for the family, except for SS17 who likes to do his own.

I dont mind doing laundry.

• sandeeyo
    February 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

DH does it most of the time.  He almost always gets to it before I do.  So yes, we do our skids laundry, but no, most of the time it's not me! lol

• YesImMomToo
    February 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    I do all the laundry for everyone in the house..doesn't bother me at all.

If skids wanted to learn to do their own i would teach them, but im fine doing it.
  • faerie75
    Yes. I do everyone's. mine are old enough to do their own but if I made them, they'd do tiny freakin loads and waste a lot of water.
  • saywhat2102
    I'm a csm. I do my stepson's, my husbands and my laundry.

I wash, dry and fold/hang up. They put them away.

I really hate doing laundry. Those tide pod things are my new best friends though. Makes it a little easier :-D. Yay me lol
  • sandeeyo
    February 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

She does the laundry so she can wear their underwear on her head when they're not looking!

Quoting saywhat2102:

I'm a csm. I do my stepson's, my husbands and my laundry.

I wash, dry and fold/hang up. They put them away.

I really hate doing laundry. Those tide pod things are my new best friends though. Makes it a little easier :-D. Yay me lol

• adamsmom0116
    February 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

My DH has 50/50 custody of his teenagers. They know how to do laundry and each do some on occasion, especially during the summer when DH and I work but they don't. They are in charge of their sports uniforms and washing those. We help out with stain questions.

On a regular basis, DH does everyone's laundry except for mine. I do my own.

• WorkingOT
    February 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

My DH, DS and SD know to have their laundry in the designated place by Saturday morning if they want it to be washed.  That's my day/time to do everyone's laundry, I don't mind.  Sometimes, though, the kids will do their own because they're old enough, and because they need something before Saturday rolls around, lol;)

• Derdriu
    by Derdriu
    February 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

CSM here.

My SD13 does her own laundry.  If she'd shown DH or me any appreciation whatsoever for handling it for her in the past, she'd get some help.  Anything folded or ironed for her ends up in a wad on the floor, wedged under the dresser, or haphazardly crammed in a drawer, so she's on her own.  She seems to like it that way because she doesn't have to answer to anyone.  However, she will go six weeks without doing laundry.  I don't nag her.  I don't even comment when I can smell her school uniform clothes through the body spray she uses.  At some point, I figure (hope!) she'll make her own observation about the nasty state of her clothing and make changes accordingly. 

SS8 is learning.  He gathers, sorts, and folds his own clothes, but I don't trust him to handle the soap and machines yet.  Once he has his loads sorted, I make sure they get washed and dried.  If he's at BM's house for the weekend when I'm doing the laundry, I'll often fold it for him and just have him put it away later.  If he's home, he folds it himself. 

• legobaby
    February 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    We have SD EOWE. DH or I usually do most of the laundry she wears while there so we can send it back to her mom's clean.

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN