Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
heathercm26
psychological eval almost done for ss who tried to kill the cat a while back
January 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Some of u may remember that my ss tried to kill my cat. Tortured my kittens. Pushed my toddler off his bunk bed. He has cut up my furniture and beaten his little brother up several times at bm house.

He is ubber manipulative. His grandma and grandpa believe him to be confident fun and super caring.

His teacher believes him to be sad and lonely and that he has no self confidence.

He always feels like he is the victim of everyone else's circumstances.

He does weird things like being ubber conflicted if another kid tells him yes and a parent or teacher tells him no or vice versa. Its like he doesnt see a difference in the amount of authority that they have.....tons of examples of that.

He stabbed a little girl in the neck with a pencil at school about 2 months ago.

The interesting thing is that each and every person in his life sees a completely different child. If everyone made a list of 10 characteristics about him they would all be contradictory.

He had real problems with peer level relationships. As in he doesbt seem to have any. He knows all the kids in his class but no invites for playdates or partys etc.

Meeting is on friday to see if they see anything that can point us to answers

Update

Well the meeting was to discuss the results of several tests evaling his intelligence, personality, social skills etc....

The said he was on the lower end of normal for intelligence. Certainly smart enough to figure things out. He lies frequently, and is very manipulative. He is using phrases like " nobody loves me" as a social lubricant with adults...."i havent eaten today" is another favorite..... he still has no peer level relationships or any real apparent desire for them.

They r going to have him work with the ld teacher to learn about emotions and appropriate responses to situations so he can at least ACT normal. That is only 30 minutes a week.

His teacher felt that we just needed to love him more.....more or less...... the psychologist thinks he is just manipulating us. He scored high with anxiety... depression.... manipulation.

He currently is scoring breakfast at home. At school and then directly from his teacher. He tells his teacher he is soooo hungary he cant stand it.

Ugh. Basically he is able to see right from wrong but doesnt care.

Replies

• heathercm26
    January 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    Bump
  • amantonacci
    January 31, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    Good luck! That seems really tough to live with.
  • jenmomx3
    January 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Definitely want an update on this one!! Keep us posted!!

• lnr187
    by lnr187
    January 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM

wow. that has to be extremely difficult to deal with and i feel sad for this little boy. he's probably so confused inside :( best of luck to you and your ss. i hope you're able to get some answers and the help he needs.

• lnr187
    by lnr187
    January 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM

agreed. im curious to see how this pans out. especially with everyone seeing a different kid. i'd highly recommend therapy.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Definitely want an update on this one!! Keep us posted!!

• Amy1973Potts
    January 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    Thank god he is getting the help he needs. That is extremely disturbing.
  • 1SpaZZedMom
    January 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    Early Onset Antisocial Personality Disorder????
  • 702Runnerd
    January 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Good Luck, I hope you get answers. Definitely want an update!

• SammyJK
    by SammyJK
    January 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    Good luck.
  • lanceandhailey
    January 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I'm sorry you have to go through that, and for him as well. Good luck

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts