Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
daddysgf
A SM friend just posted this question on FB
January 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
She has two young kids and a 12 year old SS..
She asked:
If your almost 13 year old had a cell phone or ipod, should you as a parent know the passcode.

I said yes.

Replies

• AtillaTheHun
    January 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

As long as they are minors I have the right to check their computers, cellphones, etc. whenever I want. I am responsible for them, so I feel I have the right and obligation to do it to live up to this responsibility. 

• shanlee42
    January 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Absolutely!

• MaraJade27
    January 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Yes. Until they are older AND prove themselves trusthworthy by not having anything questionable on it from 13 to 16 or even 18.

• motherslove82
    January 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    Absolutely. Actually, she can't have a pass code.
  • GleekingOut
    April 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Sorry - never got this reply - I was searching for advice on something and this post came up. My DD is 21 and I've never had her phone passwords since her phone was capable of having passwords. She pays for everything to do with her phone, so it's not up to me. My younger 3 do not have any phones or internet privliges

Quoting sandeeyo:

That's exactly what SD#2 said about her sister! LOL

Quoting GleekingOut:

Lol my DD claimed she needed a password to keep her sisters away from her phone

Quoting sandeeyo:

Our almost 12-year old skids are told that there are no passcodes on anything and if they have to have one, it means that they've got something on there that shouldn't be there.

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts