Stepmom Central

Shellmb17
HELP
December 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Hey Ladies,

So... My husband and his ex wife has joint physical custody of their twin boys. My husband had to go out of state to work and as soon as the ex wife found out she took the boys and refuses to let me take them on my husbands designated time. Any suggestions? I have two kids so the boys have a step brother and sister here and the ex wife is just being completely irrational.

Replies

• Troubleswife
    December 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    How old are these kids and how long have you been married?
  • MommySabs
    December 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting Troubleswife:

How old are these kids and how long have you been married?

• Shellmb17
    December 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

The twins are nine years old. My husband and I have lived together since January 2011 and have been married since January 2012. There has never been an issue before and I even took her boyfriends son for her one time when she was stuck at work! There has never been a fight or anything so I am just completely upset and dumbfounded by this.

• Troubleswife
    December 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    Did she give reasons?
  • Troubleswife
    December 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Also, please give job details and if he told her that he was going out of town for work?
  • rose0919
    December 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

she doesnt need to let you have them. the visitation is for your dh not you

• Shellmb17
    December 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Originally when her and my husband got divorced, they had the agreement that if one parent couldn't keep the kids at their designated time the other parent would get them. This stemmed from the kids being dropped off with whoever would watch them while one of the parents went out frequently and was before he was even considering being married again. That was over 2 years ago and that is her justification for taking the kids. I had plans with the boys and my family this weekend and she doesn't even care.

• Shellmb17
    December 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

He is a heavy equipment operator and he got laid off so he had to get a job with the pipeline.

• Shellmb17
    December 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

In most cases I would say I agree with you. In this case when we have half custody of these boys and I am the one to take them to school, make sure they have their homework done and all of the other motherly duties while I have them I feel it is a bit ridiculous for her to act so irrational. It also comes to play that I have two children that are obviously now siblings to the boys and she is going to deny them seeing they boys as well for no good reason. i could see if something had happened to upset her or something like that but absolutely nothing has happened.

• rose0919
    December 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM

she has the right to do what she did. does the co state this? 

Quoting Shellmb17:

Originally when her and my husband got divorced, they had the agreement that if one parent couldn't keep the kids at their designated time the other parent would get them. This stemmed from the kids being dropped off with whoever would watch them while one of the parents went out frequently and was before he was even considering being married again. That was over 2 years ago and that is her justification for taking the kids. I had plans with the boys and my family this weekend and she doesn't even care.

Stepmom Central