Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
PROGENITOR
Sleepy 14yr old
December 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM

An acquaintence of mine has a very sleep teen right now. There is a possible rodent in her room right now and her mom won't allow her to sleep in her bed because she is creeped out by the idea of a mouse or rat crawling on the girl while the girl sleeps. So the girl has to sleep on the couch in the living room. It's a townhouse and there is no where else for the girl to sleep at her mom's place. The streetlamp keeps her awake. And her mom stays up until 10 or 11 pm to sit on the couch and play computer games or watch tv. She said she hasn't slept well in days. They have set traps. She has told her mom she does not care she wants to sleep in her room, in her bed. Just to clarify, this is not a dramatic child, or a child who lies.

So I gave her my sympathies and what not, but there is nothing else I can do about it.

Would you not allow your kid to sleep in their room because of a possible mouse, maybe crawling on them at night, and then sit on their "bed" couch playing games and watching tv instead of letting them go to sleep?

Replies

• MommySabs
    December 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    I'd set up a mouse trap and send em to em to bed. Stuff like that happens. We got minimizes in our garage this summer - we live 3 blocks from a park it happens. We set up traps and called it a day.
  • Troubleswife
    December 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    No, I wouldn't. Bedtimes and Sleep are a priority in my home. I shut down the entire house at 9:30 or 10:00.

I think I would be creeped out if a rodent crawled on me in my sleep. Ok I know I would. I has spiders crawling on me at night when living with my former inlaws. They didn't believe me until one day I went to change the bedding and found a huge (size of a quarter) wolf spider between the bed and wall. They are nocturnal it seems and move at night more. GAH!
  • Tigress22304
    December 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I'd be lining up traps-doing whatever I could to make sure their bedrooms are safe! And I shut the house down around 10pm anyways.

• Mommyof5247
    December 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    I would make sure that little rodent didn't see another day if I suspected one was near the kids. Lol And I think mice are cute! DH cannot stand them so he's vigilant.

Bedtime is important around here too. Although my teens go through phases of sleepiness & wanting to stay up late, I can't imagine them functioning well if they didn't have their own rooms or lost sleep.
  • angirose
    December 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM

If the girl wants to sleep in her bed then she should let her.

And maybe the mom should get off her booty and help the daughter clean her room to ensure all possible suspect stuff that the mouse is attracted to in her room, so the rodent will go else where....i mean the last thing i would do is sit my happy butt on the computer while a furry germ infested four legged rodent ran around in my child room. I mean i know it happens and all. But good lord, help the poor girl out and run the icky thing out.....THATS JUST MY OPINION.....LOL

• Amy1973Potts
    December 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    Rodents do.carry disease. (Hantavurus, Lyme Disease from the deer ticks the carry) but whether or not you see a mouse in her ROOM, its going to have family in the living room as well. And they are not going to bite you, but mist likely poop.everyhere.

Clean the room. Get her back in there. She is not going to die from a mouse. Get it taken care of.

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN