Stepmom Central

Mamaslilbear10
Dh just got laid off... :(
November 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM

On thursday he got back to the job site afte a long day,basically told him he didnt do anything wrong,said there were many more on the list for people that are going to be laid off... but told him he will be able to go back next spring,and that he can get unemployment until then... Now he applied for unemployment the same day,still has to complete the assesment test the fl law requires before he can start to receive compensation($$)... So how do we tell/let bm know she may have a lil wait after his last payday from this company(which is next week) before she gets another CS payment??? We know she'll probably be pissed,but shit happens... :(   So if you have any opinions,let us know... I am now working,but its no 40hrs a week yet,i work at mc donald's for 7.67 an hr... less than i was making at the last mc d's i worked at which was more like $8.45 an hr... so i dont think i could afford to help him pay it until his unemployment kicks in... Again if you have anyopinions please let us know... thank you...

Replies

• sid1083
    by sid1083
    November 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Let her know as soon as possible. I just know as a recipient, sure it sucks but the more time I have, the better chance I have at making other arrangements to my budget.
  • Mamaslilbear10
    November 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM

but how exactly would you let her`(bm) know?

Quoting sid1083:

Let her know as soon as possible. I just know as a recipient, sure it sucks but the more time I have, the better chance I have at making other arrangements to my budget.

• Mamaslilbear10
    November 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

• MakesPrtyBabies
    November 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    Tell her? My ex doesn't lt me know when he quits, switches jobs and even tho its "fun money" its very frustrating waiting for money that doesn't come.
  • Mamaslilbear10
    November 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM

he's planning on telling her soon... dont wanna wait for her angry text asking about it first... he's wanting to be polite/civil and let her know whats going on...

• chanizen
    November 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    My ex called me once. Said he might not have the cashier as he was laid off and having back trouble. He wound up working it all out.

But I appreciated the immediate call, the notification and knowing he was not trying to play a game, that it would get paid, just might take a bit.

But my ex has a history of being diligent with c and not playing games. Which means I knew it was all true and he was reliable....
  • Mommyof5247
    November 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    It is frustrating when you're not informed of changes to make budget adjustments.
    Just email her & simply say DH was just laid off & we're working on the unemployment process. We will let you know more when we know more.
    Even if she has a temper tantrum, there's nothing that can be done about it. It's just one of those things. You can at least ignore temper tantrums. At least you were curtious enough to think of her.
  • sid1083
    by sid1083
    November 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    Just as you did here. Leave your income statement out of it.

Your DH, "BM, I wanted to make you aware that I lost my job on Friday and while I am applying for unemployment and looking now for my next move, cs will be late this month."

State the facts, keep words at a minimum and go from there.

Quoting Mamaslilbear10:

Quoting sid1083:

• Tigress22304
    November 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM

with my ex-he sent me an email saying this

Kat-I lost my job-your last check will arrive in 2-3 weeks. I'm currently looking for further employment. Will let you know when I find another job.

Short and to the point!

• liltigersmom
    November 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    This

Quoting sid1083:

Just as you did here. Leave your income statement out of it.

Your DH, "BM, I wanted to make you aware that I lost my job on Friday and while I am applying for unemployment and looking now for my next move, cs will be late this month."

State the facts, keep words at a minimum and go from there.

Quoting Mamaslilbear10:

Quoting sid1083:

Stepmom Central