Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
E_is_4_Ethan
Easy winter recipes
November 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I need new ideas.

I'm not a fan of casseroles, but I do LOVE soup.

Please share!

eating

Replies

• daddysgf
    November 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    8 cups diced potatoes (peeled)
    1/2 cup diced carrots
    1/2 cup diced celery
    3 cans chicken broth, 14 1/2 oz. each
    1 can cream of chicken soup (10 oz. can)
    1 tablespoon parsley
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 pounds bacon, cooked and crumbled
    5 tablespoons flour
    1 package cream cheese (8 oz. package)
    In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients, minus the flour and cream cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until potatoes are done. About an hour before you serve the soup, add the cream cheese. Stir until blended.

I usually skip the celery and double up the carrots.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

OH, please share.

Quoting daddysgf:

I make a mean potato bacon soup with cream cheese in the crockpot

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting luckystars2012:

We make crock pot meals a LOt on the winter.

Today J made beef stew.  Stew meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, water, beef boullion, and seasonings to taste, cooked allllllll day long.  

Spaghetti and meatballs-season ground meat with garlic, onion powder, pepper, whatever you like, and make meatballs no bigger than one inch.  Bake in oven for 20 mins at 350. Add sauce of your choice to crock pot, add in meatballs. cook for 4 hours on lowest heat setting, seasoning to taste.  Boil up some noodles, or during the last hour and a half bake a spaghetti squash at 350, cut horizontally, scoop out seeds, and shred the flesh with a fork.  makes a great healthy alternative to pasta.

We do lots of cream soups.  KopyKat has a great one for Chicken & Gnocchi soup (think Olive Garden).

Basic potato soup, chop potatoes, cook in crock pot on high in water for an hour to soften.  while cooking, in a skillet cook up a pound of bacon, half a vidalia onion finely chopped, and a bunch of green onions finally chopped (cook only the onion part, save the chive part). drain bacon/onions well on paper towels, o get rid of the grease.  drain water from crock pot, add in milk , onions, bacon, cook for 1 hour on low.  Add in chives and if you want, bacon bits.  Season to taste with garlic, onion, pepper, basil, etc. cook for another hour on low, eat.

I am attempting the potato soup.. I am adjusting some though. Like I have a bunch of potatoes I canned earlier this year so they are already soft. I am using a can of evap milk and then some milk. (I like how creamy evap milk  makes soups) I am also going to add some cheese towards the end of cooking to give it like a baked potato flavor. I have never made potato soup from scratch so hopefully it works out well!

• Tillymommie
    November 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

MMMM.... The adjustments I made actually came out pretty good. My DS said it tasted like hot ice-cream. Not sure what kind of ice cream he has been eating but he is three and loved the soup. I would love to know whats in yours though. I love love love cream cheese

Quoting daddysgf:

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Today J made beef stew.  Stew meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, water, beef boullion, and seasonings to taste, cooked allllllll day long.  

Spaghetti and meatballs-season ground meat with garlic, onion powder, pepper, whatever you like, and make meatballs no bigger than one inch.  Bake in oven for 20 mins at 350. Add sauce of your choice to crock pot, add in meatballs. cook for 4 hours on lowest heat setting, seasoning to taste.  Boil up some noodles, or during the last hour and a half bake a spaghetti squash at 350, cut horizontally, scoop out seeds, and shred the flesh with a fork.  makes a great healthy alternative to pasta.

We do lots of cream soups.  KopyKat has a great one for Chicken & Gnocchi soup (think Olive Garden).

Basic potato soup, chop potatoes, cook in crock pot on high in water for an hour to soften.  while cooking, in a skillet cook up a pound of bacon, half a vidalia onion finely chopped, and a bunch of green onions finally chopped (cook only the onion part, save the chive part). drain bacon/onions well on paper towels, o get rid of the grease.  drain water from crock pot, add in milk , onions, bacon, cook for 1 hour on low.  Add in chives and if you want, bacon bits.  Season to taste with garlic, onion, pepper, basil, etc. cook for another hour on low, eat.

I am attempting the potato soup.. I am adjusting some though. Like I have a bunch of potatoes I canned earlier this year so they are already soft. I am using a can of evap milk and then some milk. (I like how creamy evap milk  makes soups) I am also going to add some cheese towards the end of cooking to give it like a baked potato flavor. I have never made potato soup from scratch so hopefully it works out well!

• E_is_4_Ethan
    November 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I'm making it. It's posted above :)

Quoting Tillymommie:

MMMM.... The adjustments I made actually came out pretty good. My DS said it tasted like hot ice-cream. Not sure what kind of ice cream he has been eating but he is three and loved the soup. I would love to know whats in yours though. I love love love cream cheese

Quoting daddysgf:

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts