Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
Mamaslilbear10
OT What Are Ya'll...
November 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Having For Thanksgiving Dinner?? Turkey(for most) of course,but what else??

Replies

• angelmommy2806
    November 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

No Turkey here! We're having spiral ham, stuffing, and sweet potatos for sure. I'm not sure what else. We're having the neighbor and his son over because the skids will be with BM and we don't have any family close.

• SammyJK
    by SammyJK
    November 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    At our house itll be turkey, stuffing (both in and out of the bird cuz dh is weird), mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes (can ya tell we like potatoes?? Lol), scalloped corn, cranberry crap, crescent rolls, gravy, pumpkin pie, and cherry delight! I think thats everything.
  • maria1613
    November 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    Well I'll be working. I imagine there will be the traditional food.... I'm going to end up probably making me something else. I HATE traditional thanksgiving food
  • rebeccasmly
    November 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    Turkey, I'll make my mom's sweet potato dish, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, garlic green beans for those who won't eat the casserole, I'll make my grandma's rolls, pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin, a pumpkin cheesecake, and some type of cookies. I'll also be making gluten-free items to the menu since my son way recently diagnosed with celiacs. I don't think I'll go on about the brunch spread I'll put out. :-)
  • rebeccasmly
    November 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    Ooh, I forgot about the stuffing and cranberries which I make both from scratch. :-)
  • SammyJK
    by SammyJK
    November 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    I wanna see you make a cranberry from scratch!! Lol j/k couldnt help myself
  • lovemyfriend
    November 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM

We'll be having Mashed potatoes with lots of butter....mmmm...homemade gravy, dh loves sweet potatoes so he can make those.., green bean casserole with those crunchy delicious (but) terrible things for you , Then deviled eggs, stuffing in a new way of course...until I find the perfect one, and...garlic bread....Cheesecake...and...if dh HAS to have pumpkin pie he can buy / make it himself because I, sd and son hate that.  thats about it...but...LOTS of all of it :)  no turkey for us dh is a born and raised vegetarian, same with ds and I'm goin on about 5 years.  sd was until her mom and dad split so now she's ... 50 50?  err..eats meat but loves lots of veggies and tofu? whatever works for ya :)

• Mamaslilbear10
    November 12, 2012 at 7:05 AM

We're going to my dads for thanksgiving,I know there will be turkey,greenbean casserole(i'm bringing it),pumpkin pie,peach pie(my dads request),one of my sisters is bringing a big  thinng of cheesy cheesy mac n cheese,ppretty  sure there will be mashed potato's,jellied cranberry sauce,maybe ham,idk... But sounds SO GOOD,and i want it now....lol :)

• sassy711
    November 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

We'll be at my SIL's house as all the kids will be with their BM or BD.  We always have 2 turkey's, 1 is roasted in the oven and the other is fried!  The first time I heard about fried Thanksgiving turkey I thought is was some kind of sin somewhere!!  It's really really good though.  Homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with giblet gravy, 2 kinds of stuffing, sweet potato casserole, stuffed acorn squash, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry and banana bread, broc and cheese, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheese cake, baklava, and wine.  Then we'll all clean up and nap for about 2 hours in front of the TV!!

• Tillymommie
    November 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I have no clue. Haven't even decided what/where we will be at!

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts