Stepmom Central

Featured Posts
savingtheworld
is this healthy?
September 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Should a parent tell there child that they don't have to obey their stepparents?

Replies

• savingtheworld
    September 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    Yes..haha trust me dad does not believe in eating out or junk food..
  • natasha_19
    September 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    No in no freaking way is that ok its just a sign of the biological parents insecurity and childishness. I am a step parent and biological mom and I expect my SD to listin to me at all times just like my son has to and i tell my son he has to listin and be good for my ex's girlfriend and any other adult that is in charge of him. I feel children need to respect adults whether or not I like them is irrelivent.
  • savingtheworld
    September 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    Wth? I have 3 kids too also my skids? I provide meals..what's my hubby have to do with it? I have a great hubby! He provides the kids an myself the funds to supply groceries! It's not he's fault! Just bc ur a mother doesn't make u great! What am I suppose to do? Supply a meal for my 3 an not he's? It ain't my fault bio can't cook! My husband an I work as a team! I was just asking how do we not let bio influence children with negatives!!
  • Pero1
    by Pero1
    September 24, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Quoting savingtheworld:

Wth? I have 3 kids too also my skids? I provide meals..what's my hubby have to do with it? I have a great hubby! He provides the kids an myself the funds to supply groceries! It's not he's fault! Just bc ur a mother doesn't make u great! What am I suppose to do? Supply a meal for my 3 an not he's? It ain't my fault bio can't cook! My husband an I work as a team! I was just asking how do we not let bio influence children with negatives!!

Again, I was enquiring about your husband's approach to hygiene and nutrition prior to his separation from BM. I presume he would have noticed that his ex lacked in this department! What did he do back then to counter it?

• afwifeandmommy3
    September 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    This . Children should respect adults in their lives . The parent doing this is of no benefit to the child

Quoting PROGENITOR:

no

• savingtheworld
    September 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    Thank u! I teach my kids to b respectful whether I like the person or not..set an example how to deal with ppl we don't like!

Quoting natasha_19:

No in no freaking way is that ok its just a sign of the biological parents insecurity and childishness. I am a step parent and biological mom and I expect my SD to listin to me at all times just like my son has to and i tell my son he has to listin and be good for my ex's girlfriend and any other adult that is in charge of him. I feel children need to respect adults whether or not I like them is irrelivent.

• savingtheworld
    September 24, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Here's an example..we just moved in to a new neighborhood where we really don't know any body, but I wanted to be in a neighborhood that had lots of kids..we were living n the country where there wasn't much to do..any way kids were out side playing my kid an step daughter, there were other kids out playing as well, my kids seen them an started yelling, neighbor kid comes over to ask how old they were my kid said I'm 7 then step daughter said something smart to the little girl then started terrorizing the neighbor kids? She didn't even know them! That's how she does every body?
  • natasha_19
    September 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    I completely agree the real world is full of people I don't like however I still have to be civil in the very least. Rudness get you no where in the real world Best to teach your children that now.
  • mz_erica03
    September 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

No

• savingtheworld
    September 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    But here's the problem, her mother treats ppl like that also..step daughter goes to day care her mom works at..stepdaughter tripped a kid another teacher saw it, put step in time out! Mother goes off an quits her job!! So if that's the example she sets then how is there dad going to tell them its wrong?

Quoting natasha_19:

I completely agree the real world is full of people I don't like however I still have to be civil in the very least. Rudness get you no where in the real world Best to teach your children that now.

Stepmom Central

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts