Divorce & Starting Over

jmoore10
mediation!!
February 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
So I just found out yesterday that my husband and I will be going to mediation on the 27. What can I expect from this. Im nervous I haven't seen him since December and he isn't to happy with me right now so I know he is going to make this all difficult

Replies

• KWall10
    by KWall10
    February 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I went yesterday for our "custody orientation" to meet with him and his lawyer and mine to try to reach an agreement. like you I want my family back and I do not want my children around his new gf. I got very emotional. I thought I would be okay being in the room and discussing it but I wasnt. I feel like a jerk for being so upset about it but they are my babies and I dont want to give them up. We came to a temporary agreement and will reconvene. Good luck! I hope everything works out well for you!

• Lurion
    by Lurion
    February 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Our mediator was actually really gifted in doing his job--getting us to a final agreement. 

They basically put you in one room and him in another and go back and forth. 

They're really good at telling both of you what a judge is likely to allow and not. There's not a whole lot of emotion or fighting or anything. 

Best of luck!! 

What are the issues you're working out?

• jmoore10
    February 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Thank you ladies!! I am going to really put some good thought into all this. It's going to be hard but I know I can do this and I will stand my ground on what I want. I will not give in to him anymore!!

Divorce & Starting Over

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN