Divorce & Starting Over

jmoore10
mediation!!
February 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM
So I just found out yesterday that my husband and I will be going to mediation on the 27. What can I expect from this. Im nervous I haven't seen him since December and he isn't to happy with me right now so I know he is going to make this all difficult

Replies

• KWall10
    by KWall10
    February 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I went yesterday for our "custody orientation" to meet with him and his lawyer and mine to try to reach an agreement. like you I want my family back and I do not want my children around his new gf. I got very emotional. I thought I would be okay being in the room and discussing it but I wasnt. I feel like a jerk for being so upset about it but they are my babies and I dont want to give them up. We came to a temporary agreement and will reconvene. Good luck! I hope everything works out well for you!

• Lurion
    by Lurion
    February 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Our mediator was actually really gifted in doing his job--getting us to a final agreement. 

They basically put you in one room and him in another and go back and forth. 

They're really good at telling both of you what a judge is likely to allow and not. There's not a whole lot of emotion or fighting or anything. 

Best of luck!! 

What are the issues you're working out?

• jmoore10
    February 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Thank you ladies!! I am going to really put some good thought into all this. It's going to be hard but I know I can do this and I will stand my ground on what I want. I will not give in to him anymore!!

Divorce & Starting Over