Fall Fun

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
The great Halloween Debate.. lol
October 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Do you celebrate Halloween? We dress up but we do not go trick or treating for a lot of reasons, A)my kids are not huge candy fanatics so it all goes to me, then it all goes to my butt, lol B) We live in a more rural area so if we wanted to go trick or treating we would have to drive a bit and C) I have the worst panic attacks at the worst moments, and for some reason when I have my panic attacks I feel like I have to pee like crazy, lol, so we don't do much stuff that's not near a potty...

We do, however, go to 2 Harvest Festivals at 2 local Churches where the girls wear there costumes and have a blast playing games and getting candy, and they also have a Fall Festival at my daughters school, so they get to dress up for that too.. My MIL never let my hubby and his siblings dress up as anything but people from the Bible, which he HATED, lol, and they didn't buy all the spooky bloody Halloween decorations, just fall stuff.. Do you go all out or do you do something else on Halloween?

Replies

• MorningStarMom
    October 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Oh, don't get me started on "religious people" and the bible...ughhh....lol...We let our kids dress as whatever they want, and yes we go trick-or-treating...

• cafay
    by cafay
    October 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

We let our son go as whatever he wants to. But he has only picked cute things so far. This year he wants scary but he's going to his Kindergarten Halloween party and they've asked for "nothing scary". So he will have to find something that he likes and isn't scary if he wants to go to the party. But we live in a pretty rural area with not many houses around so we go to my sisters. house.

• SassyWildflower
    October 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    We let them dress up but we have rules. They are 3&5.. they don't get to do whatever they want. They are kids.
    We stick mostly with cute stuff. We take them to trunk n treats mainly at churches we know and trust. This world is too insane, we don't do door to door around here.
  • .JuneDiva629.
    October 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    I let my kids be what ever they want. i see nothing wrong with it. we usually go to the same place every year.
  • GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
    October 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Lol we got to wear whatever we wanted as kids, and we went to Church too an none of the old folks ever said anything bad about Halloween..I dont let my girls pick whatever they want though, because even some of the little girl costumes are starting to get slutty..So with 4 girls we try to stear them away from those certain ones..

Quoting MorningStarMom:

Oh, don't get me started on "religious people" and the bible...ughhh....lol...We let our kids dress as whatever they want, and yes we go trick-or-treating...

• jazzgirl205
    October 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

My dd always wanted to be either a fairy or something scary.  We made a lot of our decorations and we would give her $20 a year for decorations.  They build up over the years and a 19th c. house begs to be decorated. We ended up with a cemetary, skulls, a skeleton, lots of spiderwebs and eyeballs.  We would run the neighborhhood for 2 hours (leaving a parent for door duty, of course).  Afterwards, she would want to go to the "Perky Pumpkin Party" at the Baptist church next door who frowned on scary costumes.  To be polite guests, I made her change into one of her old ballet recital costumes.

• snuggiewoogie
    October 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I let here be what she wants and we go Trick or Treating.........

• ShaunnaMichelle
    October 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM

My kids can be what they want within reason, no gore or terribly freaky stuff. I hate it and I have to look at them, so that's that. We go trick-or-treating down main street and in our friend's neighborhood because it is well-lit and the houses are close together. Usually by then, they have full bags of candy and they are freezing and want to go home. 

• momofsixangels
    October 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

We go to a couple of churches and then I take them around our neighborhood

• MixedCooke
    October 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM

we dress up, hit the city event, decorate the house, carve pumpkins and do a little trick or treating.  My girls like candy, but I limit the amount they can eat per day depending on their behavior.

Fall Fun

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts