The Lounge

Featured Posts
MANDY26325
Birthday party advice please (piog)
March 18 at 2:02 PM

Feedback/advice appreciated: Trini will be turning 4 end of April and wants to have her first birthday party with friends. We want to keep the cost down since she is so young and probably won't remember the party a few years from now (and we are cheap, lol). We have done the park district for my older son, but that is $200+. <p> <p>

Any ideas for lower cost options? We were thinking a party at the park with a pinata and cake, but were worried that would come off cheesy and also, the whole weather issue. We are considering  a home party and rent a bounce house, but that would be weather dependent too. Maybe a home party with a magician? <p> <p>

What are your honest thoughts/opinions? Any other ideas? TIA! :)

Replies

• Noni2319
    March 18 at 2:07 PM
    Well at the end if April it should be on to do something outdoors. One of our friends had a home party with a magician it was a big hit with the kids.
  • Thelmama
    March 18 at 2:21 PM

Outside would be fine. I don't think it is cheesy. Have a bubble blowing station and games and such.  Kids would love it.

• 143myboys9496
    March 18 at 5:01 PM

When the boys were that age, we had several of their birthdays at bowling alleys. The kids bowl with bumpers and have a blast. The one we used had a room we could decorate, we'd order pizza and have cake. 

• MANDY26325
    March 18 at 8:00 PM

Thank you ladies! I appreciate the tips :)

• LeapBaby123
    March 18 at 8:26 PM
    I remember having birthday parties at bowling alleys. It wasa blast!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

When the boys were that age, we had several of their birthdays at bowling alleys. The kids bowl with bumpers and have a blast. The one we used had a room we could decorate, we'd order pizza and have cake. 

• Bonneata
    March 19 at 4:50 PM

Do you have a YMCA in your area? We went to little girls birthday party there last weekend and it was a blast. 

• PrincessAsmommy
    March 19 at 5:05 PM

At  4 all they really want to do is run and play.

So maybe have a princess party at home (outside if the weather is nice)  and have all the kids dress up as princesses or princes and serve treats and cake on the theme. You can do a pin the princess on the bulls-eye kind of game (print out pics of princesses and then put a target on the side of the house or a tree or a board someone can hold, then put a loop of tape on the back of each and then the kids do it like pin the donkey and the closest one wins), blow bubbles and play with balls. Save your money on the magician or bounce house and get lots of great decorations and a beautiful cake and munchies!  This is what we did for DD's 4th b'day and I even had my cousin and her bf dress up as a guest prince and princess.

Or you can just get lots of bubbles and balls and play relays and other games like that. Kids don't need a lot of fancy or expensive extras for a bithday party.

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    March 19 at 9:52 PM

I say do it at the park or have a bbq at home. At that age we did his party at home and did a craft

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts