The Lounge

Featured Posts
amonkeymom
Would you allow your elementary aged daughter to sell cookies in front of a pot shop?
Amy
February 23 at 12:58 PM

Why?  Why not?

Replies

• sha_lyn68
    February 27 at 12:53 PM

Quoting Sparkly3:

I did smoke pot, that's besides the point.I didn't have money for either the pot nor the munchies. I was not attacking the POT smoker! I simply put a pot Store in the same categorie as a Liquor store a Tobacco store and an Adult toy store. Do you want your daughter to sell in front of those?

Pot has medicinal qualities, not deniying that! I still think it sends a wrong message to young girls to stand in front of a pot shop. It shows them it's nothing bad and you can take it for fun.Same as with the Liquor/Tobacco store.

I don't want to send that kind of message. If it is medicly neccesary then it is and you have a perscription for it!

How does standing in front a a shop that dispenses medicinal marijuana show that you can "take it" for fun?

• aehutmacher
    February 27 at 1:04 PM
    But it isn't bad. That was my point. The same as liquor, tobacco and adult toy stores - they each serve their purpose for those who seek out that purpose - just like Walmart.

I am not going to teach my child that pot (or alcohol, tobacco or sex) is shameful. Just like everything we teach, there is a time (or an age) and a place for those things.

Besides, this whole post is about whether or not to let your child sell cookies in front of a pot store, not whether or not you would let your child 'do pot', and I hardly think that selling cookies in front of a store that sells weed is encouraging them to do anything but push their product: cookies.

Adults have money, kids don't. Adults can decide where their money is spent, kids can't. My point was that it makes sense to bring a product (that, let's face it, is already way over-priced) to people who obviously have money to spend. If you're shopping at Walmart, you likely don't have as much money to dispose of. If you did, you wouldn't be at Walmart.

Quoting Sparkly3:

I did smoke pot, that's besides the point.I didn't have money for either the pot nor the munchies. I was not attacking the POT smoker! I simply put a pot Store in the same categorie as a Liquor store a Tobacco store and an Adult toy store. Do you want your daughter to sell in front of those?

Pot has medicinal qualities, not deniying that! I still think it sends a wrong message to young girls to stand in front of a pot shop. It shows them it's nothing bad and you can take it for fun.Same as with the Liquor/Tobacco store.

I don't want to send that kind of message. If it is medicly neccesary then it is and you have a perscription for it!

• Kmakksmom
    March 1 at 3:23 PM
    I absolutely would! I'm a firm believer that everyone loves cookies.
  • TrinitaSimmons
    March 3 at 9:42 AM
    Yes! Nothing wrong with pot.
  • MelanieMans
    March 3 at 9:45 AM
    Yes. Why wouldn't I?
  • hayliedlr
    March 3 at 11:40 AM

yeah

• paganbaby
    March 3 at 11:44 AM

Hell yeah I would!

• paganbaby
    March 3 at 11:46 AM

Well said.

Quoting aehutmacher: But it isn't bad. That was my point. The same as liquor, tobacco and adult toy stores - they each serve their purpose for those who seek out that purpose - just like Walmart. I am not going to teach my child that pot (or alcohol, tobacco or sex) is shameful. Just like everything we teach, there is a time (or an age) and a place for those things. Besides, this whole post is about whether or not to let your child sell cookies in front of a pot store, not whether or not you would let your child 'do pot', and I hardly think that selling cookies in front of a store that sells weed is encouraging them to do anything but push their product: cookies. Adults have money, kids don't. Adults can decide where their money is spent, kids can't. My point was that it makes sense to bring a product (that, let's face it, is already way over-priced) to people who obviously have money to spend. If you're shopping at Walmart, you likely don't have as much money to dispose of. If you did, you wouldn't be at Walmart.
    Quoting Sparkly3:

• beadee
    by beadee
    March 8 at 3:12 PM

It depends on how many cookies you really want to be selling here.

• elrikandisis
    March 9 at 7:32 AM

yes because any small business is location, location, location lmao

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts