Featured Posts
AAP1988
teens and visitation?
by AAP1988
October 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Do you think when your child becomes a teen they should have a say in visitation or do you think visitation should be encouraged until the child is 18? 

Replies

• Texascandee
    October 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Just wondering why you have so many posts on this topic? Can you not ask your questions in one post?

• CampClan
    October 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM

IMO it really depends on what all the teen is involved in at the time. My 17yo DS is a soccer player on the high school varisty team. He is also involved in several Bible study groups throughout the week. He has a GF right now & hopefully a job soon. I am not forcing him to go visit his dad because he is so busy. Now when I know his dad is off & wants the kids & I know for a fact DS does not have plans I do mention to him it would be nice if he goes & spends time with his dad.

As for my 14yo DD she has no say yet. She is not involved in anything other than school & ONE youth group that meets on Sunday evenings (other than the usual Sunday mornings which ex knows we always go to church so there is never an agrument there).

• CMay2CK
    by CMay2CK
    October 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Teenages should have a say.  That said, having a say does not mean that is what happens.  Truly depends on each individual situation.  There is no blanket answer.  

• karisma22
    October 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

It depends on the situation.  

• darcibeisheim
    October 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    No matter what they are involved in visitation should be encouraged. Both parents and the teen need to develop a plan to work everything in.
  • awinters0716
    October 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    I think they should have a say I know my son would be happier if he had one
  • Caitlin10081989
    October 20, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Yes, they should have a say in visitation but visitation should be encouraged until the child is eighteen or moves out on their own. 

• momof4loves4
    October 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    Have you tried asking a lawyer or a judge? I personally believe they should get a choice but I do not know the legal answer
  • massenburg
    October 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Sounds like you got it all figured out. So whats the problem ?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts