The Lounge

Featured Posts
Cyn38
How do you perk yourself up?
by Cyn38
September 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM

After looking for work for 2 1/2 years (got an associate degree in the mean time) and finally getting back to work, I was laid off this past week.  Once again, I am submitting tons of applications and playing the waiting game.  Of course there are the worries about money, rent and all that shit.  Being a single mom, I have to hold things together and not show how stressed I am so I try to watch comedies and keep a smile as much as possible.  What do you do to help yourself feel better when life sucks?  

Replies

• dingysfamily
    September 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

It's been so long since life has sucked for me, but when it did I relied on my faith, my family & my friends to get me through.

• nussknacker
    September 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Life certainly sucks right now! I know getting a haircut always perks me up. For a few.

• Alwaysmotivated
    September 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I pray that you find a job soon :) I perk myself up by listening to music and chatting with friends..

• luvmybug
    September 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    I love watching stand up comedy or mindless adult cartoons. Anything to put a smile on my face. I also call my sisters or a friend, or just text people randomly. :)
  • Emily357
    September 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this right now.  Just try to focus on the small things that are in your control and remember that things will improve.  Plus, it sounds like you're in a better position this time around with your associate's degree.  Good luck to you!

The Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN