Featured Posts
amonkeymom
What is one book you never get tired of reading?
Amy
August 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I guess for me it would be Clan of the Cave Bear and Harry Potter.  I can read & reread and reread again those books and they never get old.

Replies

• Bieg9093
    August 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Those are MINE! The only ones I'd add to those are the series by Peter David starting with Sir Apropos of Nothing.

I assume you've also read Valley of Horses , etc from Jean Auel? Did you read the last one...The Land Of Painted Caves?? It was AWFUL!

• Melissa_anne
    August 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.  I absolutely love her writing

• mers-mom
    August 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Once a hero by michael a stackpole
  • tina454542
    August 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

• monkeymommy1
    August 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Harry Potter, and just about anything by Jack Weyland.

• britbeth
    August 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Iread through a lot of her books more than once a couple years ago from the Highlander series. I haven't finished the fever series though. I don't have much time for reading ever since DS was born.

Quoting Melissa_anne:

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.  I absolutely love her writing

• amonkeymom
    Amy
    August 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yes, that last Jean Auel book was awful.  I agree.  My mom is also addicted to her stories and hated that book. 

I'll have to look for the Peter David series.  Right now I'm reading The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel.  It's really good.

Quoting Bieg9093:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! Those are MINE! The only ones I'd add to those are the series by Peter David starting with Sir Apropos of Nothing.

I assume you've also read Valley of Horses , etc from Jean Auel? Did you read the last one...The Land Of Painted Caves?? It was AWFUL!

• Bieg9093
    August 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    I think Auel only wrote parts of that last one with the rest being filled in by a ghostwriter...a ghostwriter who has NO experience with her work, that is. I'd read page after page of nonsense and the all of a sudden feel like "Oh there she is!" I guess she got too old to finish.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, that last Jean Auel book was awful.  I agree.  My mom is also addicted to her stories and hated that book. 

I'll have to look for the Peter David series.  Right now I'm reading The Atlas of Love by Laurie Frankel.  It's really good.

Quoting Bieg9093:

• doomsie
    by doomsie
    August 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    Jeremy thatcher, dragon hatcher. Bruce coville.
    Starlighter. Bryan davis.
    Tommyknockers. Stephen king
  • nussknacker
    August 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson.

Losing my Religion, William Lobdell

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts